Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P1497

Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEGOMITE is an unknown quantity at this point
P1497

Different problem.
So I got a P1497 error message which was the value on the EVAP system on the end of the canister. I took it off, was ACTUALLY able to take it apart and clean it up, fix it, and put it back together---the 2nd time :/ (Put the spring end in backwards). Got it back in the car...drove it around for a bit waiting for the system to reset all the lights. It did, but I got a new error P0497 which is low flow purge...I never got that error message when I got the 1st one...This is something else...does or has anyone been down this road before? Do i have to get or fix the purge value on the other end? Or was this problem cause by me fixing the other issue therefore just a delay in the dominion effect or what was waiting to hit me again in the Do it yourself world?
Old 09-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: P1497

Post moved to start a new thread.

My lunch break is over now.

Search this Thread