Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic 2001 light issue. Part of recall?

Old 07-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaUserDriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic 2001 light issue. Part of recall?

I was going out to get dinner and all of a sudden the lights on my Honda Civic don't work anymore. Just the headlights. The turning signal, brake and parking lights all work fine. The outside headlights have sort of a faded out yellow color. I haven't tested the brights yet since I live in an apartment complex. Thank God I was able to quickly turn around and pull back into the apartments. Could have been an accident. Just glad I'm safe and realized the problem. I turned onto a side street and checked the hazards, brake lights and so on, and they all worked fine. Even my lights inside the car that told me the headlights were working were on!!! I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow. If this is part of the recall issue that happened several years ago, the dealers fix it for free right?
Old 07-30-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic 2001 light issue. Part of recall?

There's a recall for low beam headlights inop on some of the cars. Enter your VIN to see if yours needs done:

http://m.owners.honda.com/Recall
Old 07-30-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
There's a recall for low beam headlights inop on some of the cars. Enter your VIN to see if yours needs done:

http://m.owners.honda.com/Recall
Will do. Decided to risk neighbors' wrath and test high beams. They were perfectly.
Old 07-30-2014
Registered!!

Edit: I'll look in the morning and let you know what I find.
Old 07-30-2014
Registered!!

Never mind. Looks like I'll have to check in the morning. Found the answer online.
Old 07-30-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HondaUserDriver
Two letters and a number right? Example AS1.
VIN is 17 digits (characters) long. Bottom of the windshield, drivers side.

Also on a sticker in the door jamb, and almost every original major body panel.
Old 08-08-2014
Registered!!

HONDA-AL is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having a similar issue, however my prob is with my high beams. The low beams work fine but for some unknown reason my hi-beams are inoperable. The high beam indicator does not even come on when I turn them on. I have checked all fuses, relays and bulbs that I could find without success. HELP!!!
Old 08-08-2014

Originally Posted by HONDA-AL
I am having a similar issue, however my prob is with my high beams. The low beams work fine but for some unknown reason my hi-beams are inoperable. The high beam indicator does not even come on when I turn them on. I have checked all fuses, relays and bulbs that I could find without success. HELP!!!
The recall does not cover that particular failure.

However, if the recall does in fact apply to your car (dealer must check the VIN), you still should have it performed.