Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil pump O ring.-should I do the pump to

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
moorebl is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil pump O ring.-should I do the pump to

Other than the o-ring on my 2001 ex needing replacement.i am due for a trimming belt replacement. I don't have any other oil issues. Is it good practice to change out the oil pump in addition to the o ring. I don't know the longevity of a honda oil pump and I don't want to change it if it doesn't need it. Saves me a bunch if I only have to replace the oring. How durable is the stock oil pump. If I do change it what is a good replacement. Have seen several on eBay for 45 bucks and that's the whole kit.
Old 07-29-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oil pump O ring.-should I do the pump to

Reseal only IMO the pumps are damn reliable if the oil has been taken care of all its life. Hondas aren't known for oil pressure problems.
JMHO, YMMV.
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tkcne is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced mine with an ebay one. It seems to be going alright for the few hundred miles I've driven it. I failed at fixing the leak though. It is weeping out of the bottom of the timing cover again.
Old 07-29-2014
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ezone
Reseal only IMO the pumps are damn reliable if the oil has been taken care of all its life. Hondas aren't known for oil pressure problems.
JMHO, YMMV.
+1