Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Got ripped off by mobile mechanic.

Old 07-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Got ripped off by mobile mechanic.

I decided to go to a mechanic to get some help with this issue. I felt a bit over my head. I went to my local mechanic, and told him the story.

He went in the car, and looked felt behind my clutch pedal. He put my car in neutral, and then had me start it. It worked!

He told me that theres a switch that gets pressed in when I press in the clutch, and theres a plastic like rod that pushes it in. Well, the rod was old, and broke. He said, it happens with manual cars.

He, got some tape, and I believe a screw, and rigged it up. He told me how to fix it, and said if I have problems just come back here, and he'll fix it for me $60.

I'll send pics of what it is later today when I get the chance.

I'm gonna try, and fix it later this week.

Again, thanks for all the great help!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
Old 07-23-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Clutch interlock switch.

Thanks for update.
Old 07-24-2014
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that your lesson has been learned please make sure to fix it properly. Not with a screw and tape Thanks for the update as well it's always good to know what was actually wrong!
Old 08-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I took some pics, but nothing god. I'm going to do some cleaning in my car, so I'll take some better ones later, and post this evening.

I'm glad this issue is finally solved, now it's time to move on to the next problem