Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic 2003 Head Gasket Blue Devil

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shash_bro is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic 2003 Head Gasket Blue Devil

Hi All

Honda Civic 2003 Salvage - Got the head gasket repair done 1 month ago.
The problem is worst now after a month .. where the white smoke is dense.
The shop says no warranty on his work .. he cannot do anything..

So I thought I will try Blue Devil head gasket sealant. But to do this .. they recommend flushing the cooling system. I drain radiator first, remove thermostat based on blue devil instructions but prestone flush instructions did not say remove thermostat ... so I put it back in, then I pour prestone flush and distilled water, but had to go somewhere so let it stand for a day this way.... now car won't start .. I assume water has seeped thru head into piston chamber.

My questions - 1) How can I get it to start so I can flush the system, then use blue devil.
2) Does Blue devil work as other online reviews say Yes.
3) Can I sue this Autoshop-2 for his work (not done properly.. I have work order and receipt).
4) How much can I sell the car (Salvage title) for on Craigslist?

I badly need a car ... please respond quickly. Thanks much in advance.

Last edited by shash_bro; 05-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2014
Registered!!

Re: Honda Civic 2003 Head Gasket Blue Devil

Anyone who can answer my questions ... thx
Old 05-28-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you overheated it bad enough to warp the head, now water (coolant) is free to enter the cylinders and wash out the spark plugs.

Remove the coils and spark plugs.
Crank the engine several seconds to blow out any water from inside the cylinders.
Dry off the plugs and reinstall everything.
See if it will run now.

Now you can fill it with water or BlueHellgasket fix or whatever.

It's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it.
It's worthless if you tell anyone you loaded it with liquid glass to fix the head gasket.
It's worth maybe $0.10 per pound if you drag it across the scales...
Old 05-29-2014
Registered!!

Thanks eZone I will try that .. thx
Old 07-25-2014
Registered!!

Jeeperscreepas is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if your problem has been fixed or not but I've been dealing with overheating issues in my 02 civic for a couple months now and it has frustrated me to no end! I replaced my radiator,thermostat, radiator cap, overflow container, clamped all my hoses and still to no avail! I knew it was my head gasket but didn't want to admit it to myself because of the pricing. Luckily for me and I pray the same for you my head leak wasn't too too bad yet(only had milk in my coolant, no coolant in oil) I wound up putting blue devil in there after much debating and skepticism. Before I put the blue devil in there my overflow was constantly full to the max, after the blue devil my overflow actually works as it should now. I just put it in today but from the looks of it my problem may be solved(I hope:/ if not time for new head gasket and water pump/timing belt:/) if your think your leak is small I would say go for it if you don't have the money ATM for a head gasket job and your fine with putting liquid glass in your radiator/motor/heater core. But if you have the money to do the head gasket repair go that route by all means, much safer and will fix it if done right. I used the pour n go bottle of blue devil btw, you don't have to do as much with that one and it's 50 bucks cheaper. Hope this helps and I hope you get your problem fixed, I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck!