Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Odometer Light Not Powering (2002 Civic LX)

Old 03-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrwatkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Odometer Light Not Powering (2002 Civic LX)

So, my odometer back light isn't working. I took out the gauge cluster and since I already had it open, I went ahead and started replacing the ugly orange lights (indicated by the yellow x) with blue LED lights (BTW, I'm trying the #74 10 and 25 lumens lights, but they seem not to be enough light). After putting a multimeter to the connections for the backlight (red circle), I noticed that there was no power getting to the it. Does anyone know the proper fix/workaround for this? Can I piggy back off of one of the other yellow Xs connections? If anyone knows the best way to approach this, I'd appreciate it. If you need a better view of the board, I can use a better camera. Is anyone knows of a better place to get brighter LED lights, please let me know. BTW, the blue circle has never been used and holds no current.

Name:  avVc9wI.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  586.7 KB
Old 03-04-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Odometer Light Not Powering (2002 Civic LX)

I'm rocking one of the 25lm bulbs you posted up and it's more than bright enough
Old 03-04-2013
Registered!!

mrwatkin is an unknown quantity at this point

What color are you using? Are you using blue?
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm rocking one of the 25lm bulbs you posted up and it's more than bright enough
Old 03-04-2013
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, blue. It's a metric ****-ton brighter than the old eBay LED I was using. I have a pic floating around somewhere, but it makes the odometer look very readable, which it wasn't at the time. Well, I had to strain to read it.
Old 03-06-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Bulbs can only be changed on 2003 and older?
Old 04-10-2015
Registered!!

kmf22789 is an unknown quantity at this point

What size blue led bulds are used in the 02 civic lx odometer? I plan on replacing them when i do my overlay
Old 04-10-2015
Administrator
Administrator

size 74, I believe.