Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

03CivicEX-Fuel Pressure Not There

Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
palsana is an unknown quantity at this point
03CivicEX-Fuel Pressure Not There

I had problems starting my 03 civic EX recently. So I went ahead and had a mechanic come out and change my fuel filter/strainer. I also had tranny drain/fill done at the same time. This was some two weeks ago, and ever since the car would not start.
For some reason mechanics i showed it to believe that since there is very little fuel pressure (as measured using a fuel pressure gauge) that a new fuel pump is to be replaced? The fuel is coming to the injectors and when cranked up the fuel pipeline does throw out fuel.
Also when carbuteror cleaner is used in the Throttle Body the car cranks up & stays turnover just a few seconds longer. then it dies.
At first i thought it had to be the battery cable/battery and i called AAA to jump start and it would not crank up. So i went ahead and replaced with a brand new battery and the battery cable.

The car still doesnt start. There are no CEL's. Do you think the fuel pump was put back into its positin some wrong way, does a fuel pressure regulator have anything to do with it. the next onschedule is to replace a new fuel pump and see if it will be good.; Any suggestions??????

If i can atleast start the car, i can take it to a DEALERSHIP TO have it diagnosed.
Old 07-25-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 03CivicEX-Fuel Pressure Not There

deleted
Old 07-28-2012
Registered!!

I have not checked on the Fuel Pump relay or the Main Relay.Is that where i need to check on first?
Old 07-30-2012
Registered!!

I had finally replaced the fuel pump alongside fuel filter & Strainer & my car has started for the first time in 21 days ever since just a fuel filter/strainer was changed.
It finally worked out.
Now, having drained out old old transmission fluid and replaced with new ATF (Valvoline MaxDerc w/o stop Leak), i have difficulty running the car from 1st gear into 2nd but once gears r in place the car runs very smoothly.
How many miles later should a second drain/refill happen?
There is still CEL and it is for oxygen sensor.

also, since its a brand new fuel pump do any recommend to always keep tank full & use Lucas fuel injector regularly/ intermittently.