Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Low Beams gone, Not the bulbs, not the fuses

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DerekxxCore is an unknown quantity at this point
Low Beams gone, Not the bulbs, not the fuses

Hey guys-

I have an 01 Lx Coupe. Went to get gas last night, low beams worked fine. Turned the car off to get gas, pumped it, turned her back on, no low beams. I just replaced both headlight bulbs, and when I buy bulbs I always buy four for two to keep in my trunk for spares. Replaced the bulbs at the gas station, still nothing. Throw open the hood, fuses are fine. Hi beams work fine, so I drove home with the hi beams on.

Get on the forums, and find that their was a recall for the headlight switch back in 06ish (I think). I've only had the car for about 18 months so I have no idea if the guy before me did the recall.

Could it be anything besides the recall? Should I just bring it in to the stealership and let em have at it?

Again, Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low Beams gone, Not the bulbs, not the fuses

more than likely recall. all 2001s had the problem i believe and some 2002s. i can email it to you if you want. but its free at the dealer. you get a new wire and a headlight switch.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DerekxxCore is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I figured. Bringing it down tomorrow. My turn signal relays went about two weeks ago and replaced them, I don't know if that would have anything to do with it (maybe the switch burned out the relay? I don't know).
Old 12-03-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

2 separate circuits using a common switch.

There is an issue with the low beam wiring that gets grounded when low beams are on. The connector terminal pin over heats.