Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

condenser fan

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zuk16l is an unknown quantity at this point
condenser fan

Any tips on replacing a condenser fan in a 2001 civic. Doesn't seem to be enough room to pull fan out the top. Does the bumper cover need to come off? Does fan come out from bottom?

Thanks,
Travis
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: condenser fan

1. Remove bumper and grille

2. Disconnect fan connector

3. Remove upper radiator brackets (2)

4. Pull radiator forward and you should be able to sneak the fan out of there. If you can't just disconnect the upper radiator hose for more room.
Old 11-27-2012
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough

I know this threads over a year old, but it's what my issue is about.

Is the above true for the condenser fan or the radiator fan? The condenser fan looks like a PITA to remove compared to the radiator fan. I'm about to replace my rad and I'm concerned about getting the condenser fan out of the way or moved enough to get the ATF pipe past it if I can't remove the fan.

I tried looking for some clear instructions specifically for the condenser fan in the service manual on removal, but did not find any.

Any info is appreciated.

Last edited by Matt_75; 11-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2014
Registered!!

rusty1161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt_75
I know this threads over a year old, but it's what my issue is about.

Is the above true for the condenser fan or the radiator fan? The condenser fan looks like a PITA to remove compared to the radiator fan. I'm about to replace my rad and I'm concerned about getting the condenser fan out of the way or moved enough to get the ATF pipe past it if I can't remove the fan.

I tried looking for some clear instructions specifically for the condenser fan in the service manual on removal, but did not find any.

Any info is appreciated.
Again, this is an old thread but looking for any tips or tricks to replace the condenser fan on a 2001 Civic. It looks tight!

Thanks.

Rusty
Old 09-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

They will both come out the that way. If you can't get it out that way you're gonna have to remove the radiator. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2014
Registered!!

rusty1161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
1. Remove bumper and grille

2. Disconnect fan connector

3. Remove upper radiator brackets (2)

4. Pull radiator forward and you should be able to sneak the fan out of there. If you can't just disconnect the upper radiator hose for more room.
This, plus removing the condenser brackets to allow it and the radiator to lean as far forward as possible worked for me. Thanks for the tips!

Rusty