Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Rotten!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Rotten!

Originally Posted by tbohar
I have so much rotting going on under there I'm 1. Embarassed to take a picture of this thing installed. and 2. Considering painting everything LOL
Why do you think I haven't shown much of the rotten rubber, plastic, and paint on mine? lol

If you ask real nice I might take a pic or 2. Although, I'm pretty embarrassed to ride around town let alone show it on the internet for the world to see.
Old 04-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... the pan is fine, we don't really use that one for baking stuff any more it was toast before I even used it. Umm.. my wife is sleeping.. by the time she wakes up the smell will be long gone.. and yea, this Canadian climate is ridiculous ... everything on the car is getting eaten and I have one of those electronic rust / corrosion systems installed.. it doesnt help lol
Old 04-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

So that's why your working on your car parts at 3am, my girlfriend banned me from putting car parts in the oven after she came home from work and found me baking my brake drums lol
Old 04-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I gave her a warning hahaha... I told her I was baking some car parts tonight, she looked at me like I had a million heads, said "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrre" and went to bed.... If she came downstairs now BOY would she be surprised.
Old 04-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

lmfao.
Old 04-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

it wouldve just baked on the car lol.
Old 04-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

True over time... I just followed the instructions.. I like the paint but everywhere you touch it leaves spots everywhere...
Old 04-22-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

bwaaahahaha! this thread did take a mad turn now!
Old 10-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
garigola is an unknown quantity at this point

what is cost canadian currency for new heat shield for 2004 civic
Old 10-09-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
garigola is an unknown quantity at this point

where may i get new shield with canadian dollars