Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

OMG car wont start! need immediate help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
OMG car wont start! need immediate help

i know it happened after i took out the viper alarm, and i know its related to the ignition wires around the steering column i cut, but i dont know what to do to make it start. there was a yellow wire that i already had cut long time ago to disable auto locking, but i also cut a tiny 4wire combo wire and taped it off that was coming from the alarm, and also a green and black thick wire. i need to know asap what i should do with one or more wires to make it start. i dont understand this because the alarm was disconnected a long time ago already. my only guess is i need to connect wires together or something. i need my car for work tomorrow and its already late. im about to head back out but i have no idea wtf to do.
Old 04-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: OMG car wont start! need immediate help

im guessing the thick green and black wires need to be reconnected?
Old 04-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell what was already there, and what shouldnt have been cut

Sorry
Old 04-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Dude, your having a bad day.

I'd suspect the green and black wires need to be reconnected, go re-connect them and I bet it will start, if not you've eliminated one of only a few possibilities so it's not an exercise in futility.
Old 04-11-2011
Premium Member

yeah you were right. i took the old harness out of the trash and the two thick wires went to the starter kill relay. im guessing that since the relay was connected before, it still lets the car start even if the alarm is unplugged. i traced back to the ignition, and sure enough it led to the same starter wire. circuit city had used jb weld putty on the wires, so i redid everything with an extension wire and soldered both sides. after an hour later of fixing and taping, everything is good as new lol. so i guess it worked out and now the connection is better than before. took it for a drive and so far everything is normal. next i add some dynamat to the door panels to cover the holes now that i fixed the door lock actuator. that should be easy tho heh.