Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

big mess up, cant shift out of park

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
big mess up, cant shift out of park

since i dont use my fogs with halogen bulbs anymore, i figured i can clean up some wiring by removing the fog harness and wire the lights straight to the park lights. well in doing so, somehow my car cannot shift out of park anymore. when i press the brake, the normal click sound doesnt happen to unlock the shifter. i have to remove the center console and manually push the plastic release pin. i have no idea how fogs would be related or what to do now. i only unplugged pnp fog harness items. there was one plug near the center console that was piggybacked off the fog harness, so i made sure and reconnected it the way it was before the fogs were installed. everything is plugged in but nothing? im stuck. brake lights are working if that matters.
Old 04-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: big mess up, cant shift out of park

try to rewire them back as they were? just to see if they work again? electrical is not my forte, but just a wild guess.
fuses? (not sure it linkes to the auto system...)
Old 04-10-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is good luck Steve. I don't know anything about automatic transmissions and their shitty interlocks. Another reason I'm happy to have a 5 speed... I hope you get this resolved quickly.
Old 04-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, i fixed it 5 mins after posting and i decided to spend the rest of the day cleaning up all sorts of other wiring. it ended up being a loose connector i thought i plugged back into the fuse box but due to the weird angle and no space, i didnt push hard enough lol. everything works now, well at least the shifter. i removed the entire fog harness and viper alarm (in pieces haha) and wired the led fogs to the park lights (50mA per led cluster is like nothing, way less than 1w). and i fixed up the hid wires and grounds. there is so much open space now under the dash and engine bay lol. i think it was a good accomplishment