Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Front windshield weather strip help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antt is an unknown quantity at this point
Front windshield weather strip help needed

Hello all, I am new to the forums and looking for some help on replacing the front windshield weather strip for my 2001 honda civic. I was trying to do the replacement without removing the windshield. Does anyone know if this is possible? Any information, direction, or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Front windshield weather strip help needed

Go down to Harbor Freight and get the METAL trim tool set, not the plastic. Use one of the trim tools to pry the sides out. The top then just pulls out.

Everything you would need to know: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-updated.html
Old 01-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pireality is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Front windshield weather strip help needed

I have a 2006 and the part for the left/right weatherstripping goes all the way to the back of the roof of the car and is expensive, stealership says it is all one piece, is there not a universal kind I can use for just the sides of the windshield?