Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Flashing Battery Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MimiCivicYo is an unknown quantity at this point
Flashing Battery Light

I have a 2001 Honda Civic and just last year I replaced my alternator twice, my clutch, got a brand new battery, some sensor cord or whatever they are called. Usually I would take my car to my uncle who is a certified mechanic, however I'm hundreds of miles away from home and am incredibly afraid of driving my car all the way back to the bay area. On my drive to southern California my battery light flashed three separate times as soon as I hit like an hour out if my destination. I was reading up on some reasons this could be happening, I just can't decide if my story is any different tHan others. Last year my dad originally replaced the alternator and some belt that was messed up to. Well the car ran fine for about 3 months however whenever I turned my AC on this loud obnoxious squealing sound would happen. Well needless to say 3 months later my car broke down again. This time my uncle fixed the alternator and the belt, everything was running smooth, then the squealing sound again. A few more minus later it broke down again, this time it was my clutch, the person my dad took my car to changed the battery as well, I had him fix some plug things that weren't getting the right signal from the alternator and now it's flashing. It's sooo frustrating, I'd rather not take it to the shop if it's a simple job but i might not have any other choice. Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else and why.
Old 02-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flashing Battery Light

either a bad alternator, loose wire connection (alternator power wire or loose battery clamps), or bad/loose belt.
Old 02-26-2011
Car Enthusiasts

Raid3n is an unknown quantity at this point

Do an AVR test and you'll be able to find out if your alternator or battery is bad. If they both passed, then you might have some loose somewhere, like gearbox say!

Keep us update!
Old 02-28-2011
Registered!!

MimiCivicYo is an unknown quantity at this point

where do i get an avr test done?