Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HElP drive ok for few miles rpm drops cars turn off wait a few min and starts normaly

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JackPr is an unknown quantity at this point
HElP drive ok for few miles rpm drops cars turn off wait a few min and starts normaly

can someone help me! I was driving the other day when my civic lx 01 rpm just drop and i couldt accelerate past 20 mph when i pressed the brake my car would just turn off took it to a repair shop said the catalyct was clog took it out installed a header on it drives ok for a few miles but does the same tock it to scan and it says the o2 is bad and the tdc sensor could this be it plz help me. it drive ecellent for a few miles no traffic or for half an hour but after that the rpm just drop its stop i wait 10 mi and the car just drive fine till it does the same any ideas plzzzzz

THX IN ADVANCE
jack
Old 02-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HElP drive ok for few miles rpm drops cars turn off wait a few min and starts nor

clogged IAC valve (idle air valve on the throttle body with coolant lines going to it) will cause stalling too
Old 02-07-2011
Registered!!

rhymeboy89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HElP drive ok for few miles rpm drops cars turn off wait a few min and starts nor

first step is to always fix check engine light. If it is on there is a problem
Old 02-09-2011
Registered!!

floyd107 is on a distinguished road

i just had that exact problem like two days ago i changed the (cam position sen) part#su5583 and it was $51.99 and my car has been fine since if but to put it in you will need to remove you valve cover just enough to get your timming belt cover off and youll see the sensor in side there. its like the only thing with wires and rubber boot going through your timming belt cover. if you need pics just ask and ill show you were everything is

Last edited by floyd107; 02-09-2011 at 09:53 PM.