Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

questions about axles

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010
My car is goin to have a new look!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deception2k1civic has a spectacular aura aboutDeception2k1civic has a spectacular aura aboutDeception2k1civic has a spectacular aura about
questions about axles

Im replacing both of my front driveshaft axles and wanted to know if i installed the axles completely. i currently have a less that a one finger gap between the axle and the trans.
Old 11-22-2010
Trance Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: questions about axles

I plan on doing this to my car and picked up a diy off of another site. I think the the end of the axel should be snug. He didn't really give a precise degree of measurement though. One person suggested actually going on the back end(where spindle nut sits) and insert that way with the ring opening at 12 o clock. The site, iirc was we-todd-racing.com or something like that. It was for an older Civic, but it should be the same for the most part.