Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Intermediate Drive Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sawdust_tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Intermediate Drive Shaft

I'm going to do a major rebuilt on my daughter's EX (D168Y). I need to get the rebuild parts for the Intermediate Drive Shaft. According to the shop manual the list of parts is:

Intermediate Shaft Bearing;
Outer Seal;
Set Ring;

Problem is that Majestic Honda's website doesn't list the parts - the Driveshaft drawing shows the Intermediate Drive Shaft but the part list ends after the left and right driveshaft.

Can anybody recommend a different website to get the part numbers? The person I spoke with at Majestic said my EX doesn't have an Intermediate Drive Shaft - but the shop manual says it does. I'm confused
Old 10-19-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Intermediate Drive Shaft

Maybe here?
http://www.bkhondaparts.com/billkay/jsp/home.jsp
Or used parts?
http://www.car-part.com/
And sorry, if it's an D16Y8, i guess that's and 6th generation, i am not familiar if they are the same as the 7th gen - this forum portion is for 01+ cars, maybe someone here knows?