Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

when do u change your spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
briain02 is an unknown quantity at this point
when do u change your spark plugs?

At what kind of miles do u change your spark plugs? Book says 110k, is this realistic? The plugs are damn expensive. I'm at 60 k, runs good. Should I change them?
thanks
Old 10-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: when do u change your spark plugs?

no its not realistic. and the stock platinum plugs are suck anyways. they only use em to extend the change interval. i would change them at 60k yes. you can go with ngk v-power copper plugs which perform better than the platinums and only cost $2 each, but they will not last as long. maybe 2-3 yrs tops. but theyre so cheap if you dont mind changing more often, go with those. or if you have $$, get some iridium ngk or denso those will perform the best by using less electrical energy and they usually last 4-5 yrs. i would never run platinums in any car unless you dont care about performance or the plugs are very hard to change. on our cars, it takes about 5 mins to do all 4.
Old 10-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01civictune is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
no its not realistic. and the stock platinum plugs are suck anyways. they only use em to extend the change interval. i would change them at 60k yes. you can go with ngk v-power copper plugs which perform better than the platinums and only cost $2 each, but they will not last as long. maybe 2-3 yrs tops. but theyre so cheap if you dont mind changing more often, go with those. or if you have $$, get some iridium ngk or denso those will perform the best by using less electrical energy and they usually last 4-5 yrs. i would never run platinums in any car unless you dont care about performance or the plugs are very hard to change. on our cars, it takes about 5 mins to do all 4.
What would you say about Pulse Plugs ? I have heard mixed things
Old 10-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

complete garbage. i posted a few times about them already. $100 for something that has a high fail rate, has ruined plenty of engines, and performs worse than $2 copper plugs. i used it for 10 mins, it made my engine make some very strange growling sounds and i could even feel the hp loss. i sent them back right away and had to wait a month before finally telling them im doing a chargeback to the credit card and they refunded me. very hard to reach on the phone, and they have horrible customer service. i hope they go out of business. this is the worst fail ive ever seen in the spark plug world.