Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New Civic..any good ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roger t is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic..any good ??

I am a senior citizen, have a 98 Civic LE that I bought new, 65K. miles. Great mileage & maintenance free. I am debating about keeping it & just replacing the timing belt, hoses, other belts, etc. I need a very dependable car that is not going to break down in the middle of nowhere. Now, I am considering trading it in on a new Civic LE, Corolla, or Mazda 3. I thought with all the expertise on this forum, maybe I could get the pros & cons on these models, especially the 09 Civic . I have heard that the Corolla doesn't even have an oil filter..true ?
Roger
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

ainsleycouture is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Civic..any good ??

Where are you from?
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

roger t is an unknown quantity at this point

San Antonio..If I do get rid of the car, someone is going to get a like new car.
Roger
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

there all good reliable cars i use to work for toy yoda the new corollas are nice iwent on many test drives .so it would depend on witch one you like better go for test drives. now is a good time to get a new car dealers are hurting to sell cars so take advantage !
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

ainsleycouture is an unknown quantity at this point

this actually isnt true im a car sales rep for honda and imports have not been effected much by the economy because of there higher reputation and risidual value i would go with a honda before you go for toyota hondas are more fun to drive and are 5 star safety rated unlike toyotas 4 star rating. overall honda is a better buy no matter how you slice it. good luck!
Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

vicaphit is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 97 civic and it drove like a champ until I traded it in at 199,650 miles (I know, I couldn't drive the extra 350 miles to roll it over).

You can get many more years out of your civic. If you are just tired of the same car for 11 years, go with a new 09 civic, you can't go wrong!
Old 02-07-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

last time i was at the honda dealer around here they said they sold 5 cars the whole day. the salesmen were basically doing nothing all day just pacing the lot. idk im all about keeping my car as long as it lasts. i have a 2002 civic (87k miles) and it still feels like a new baby lol.
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

Topgeari4 is an unknown quantity at this point

well if ur civic is still running strong hold on to it
if u want to compare the drive and feel of a new civic, corolla, and mazda 3 what you should do is go to enterprise or any rental company and rent the car for a weekend its usually for around $150 for 3 days unlimited miles this way u an see how the car drives during the day, night, even in the rain and you know that these rentals are beaten on so if u like how the drive is you know a new one will be MUCH better
good luck
Old 02-11-2009
Registered!!

dietcola is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard good things about the new civic, i have put a link to a review below too - http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...da-civic-5.htm

Id take topgeari4's advice too and rent the car out for a weekend to really get a feel for it, personally i don't think you get long enough on a test drives and lots of things go unnoticied where as a weekend gives you enough time to get to grips with the car and see if its for you
Old 02-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

My GF bought an 08 civic LX nearly 1 year ago and Its great. Minimal road noise and the handling, performance and MPG are all good. My family has driven mostly hondas for years. The only exception being a toyota tuntra.