Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

AEMV2 & DC Strut Bar Compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dryft will become famous soon enough
Exclamation AEMV2 & DC Strut Bar Compatible?

(ive searched, don't tell me to search)
whats up guys
so just like the title states, i want to know if my DC front strut tower bar is going to interfere with my new AEM V2 intake?

I'll be installing the intake today after work so a quick response would be much appreciated.
The weird thing is i have yet to see a pic on this site of an engine bay with the DC strut bar, or even both of these parts. Yes i searched and i'm starting to hate that search function.

I'd like to wipe down the engine bay before installing for a total clean look, but when i searched on engine bay cleaning, JESUS CHRIST are you guys nuts about it. I mean people tell me i'm crazy OCD about my car, but it seems like it's never enough for me.

i'll prolly just wipe it down with a wet warm rag i guess.

Anyway i love my dc strut bar and would not like to remove it, but if i have to then i guess i don't have a choice.

Anyone have any basic problems with the V2 installation i should know before-hand about? I don't have too many tools available to me as my dad's not really mechanically inclined. So if i had to, manipulating parts would be a hassle.

help me out guys thanks!

Last edited by dryft; 04-09-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

eggot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: AEMV2 & DC Strut Bar Compatible?

hey. i have a dc strut bar and an aem cold air intake and they fit just fine. hope that helps. not sure why the v2 shouldnt fit. it should. but hope it all works out for you
Old 04-09-2008
Registered!!

alright cool thanx a lot.
any issues with the install on your intake or removal of the air box? just curious
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

eggot is an unknown quantity at this point

not at all. it jsut took about an hour... but thats about it. because i had to remove alot of stuff for the cold air intake but i decided to make it a short ram becasue of water. so no problems and fits great. let me know how your install went
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

INSTALLED!

DC strut tower bar is completely clear of intake

small issues:
-started stripping strut tower nuts and broke wratchet (either chasis flex or moisture locked nuts into place, used hollow metal pipe for leverage)

-breather hose install (need lube)
-after market battery throws cables outta wack, manipulation required to keep cables away from filter

-IAE sensor needed to be unclipped and stretched to reach intake grommet
-grounding kit originally mounted to oem intake resonator bolt, (needed filler to keep kit from sliding up and down bolt
-hose rubbing against center of intake, clip moved and hose stretched upward

all in all i wish it was louder! hahaha
but definately cleans up the engine bay with space and looks
felt a difference while driving but nothing extreme obviously, havnt had a chance to hit the highway and open her up at WOT

dc ceramic race header is next, awaiting shipment since march 29th
spoke to dezod and apparently dc sports is merging with another company SO they put their customers on hold wtf, and my credit card was already charged
Old 05-18-2011
Banned

user 73802 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I want to buy the DC sports front strut bar for my civic 02 ex manual with the K&N Typhoon cold air intake system.
http://www.dcsports.com/strutbarhonda.html
I called DC sports, and the guy told me that AEM cold air fits because AEM and DC sports merged so they design both products to fit, but that he wasnt sure about the K&N because K&N has different intakes.
He suggested me to ask in the forum to see if someone has this combination.
I did my research and yes I found some user that have the K&N and DC strut bar combination.
I would like to see if someone here has this exact combination that I will have if it fits.
DC sports front strut bar with K&N typhoon cold air intake???

Any input will be appreciated!!
Old 05-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

why the dc? stick with neuspeed one piece bar and it fits against the back of the bay so any intake will work with it.
Old 05-19-2011
Banned

user 73802 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the DC sports for 2 reason:

First- The look (in my opinion) is a little better than the neuspeed, but I also like the neuspeed.
Second- The price for the neuspeed is 120 with shipping, and in a local shop from which I called DC yesterday, they could sell it to me for around 85 since I have bought mostly everything for my car in that shop. We are apprx like 25 mints away from City of Industry where DC sports is located.

I think that the new CS 2 DC sports strut bar is one piece according to the pics... am I right?

Anyone with the DC sports strut bar and K&N Typhoon cold air intake?
or anyone that knows it will fit?

Peace out