Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Damn annoying squeak

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mneuls will become famous soon enoughmneuls will become famous soon enough
Angry Damn annoying squeak

Every time I push the accelerator or go over a small bump, something in my dash squeaks, I have torn it apart and put it back together using felt to keep panels from rubbing and still it squeaks has anybody had this problem? also it will go away every couple days for a day or so, but it still comes back . it is driving me crazy.

does anybody have any idea what it could be? It isn't suspension, I've already checked that, I'm 99% sure it is in the dash somewhere.
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

ClickRight is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Damn annoying squeak

Originally Posted by mneuls
Every time I push the accelerator or go over a small bump, something in my dash squeaks, I have torn it apart and put it back together using felt to keep panels from rubbing and still it squeaks has anybody had this problem? also it will go away every couple days for a day or so, but it still comes back . it is driving me crazy.

does anybody have any idea what it could be? It isn't suspension, I've already checked that, I'm 99% sure it is in the dash somewhere.
My 04 Does this too. I'm pretty sure it's in the pillars, I think there may even be a TSB about it. I don't really want to pull mine apart though, so I live with it
Old 09-09-2007
Registered!!

mneuls will become famous soon enoughmneuls will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Damn annoying squeak

I actually found out that it was my windshield, there was a crack in it and either side of the crack was rubbing together. new windshield, no squeak.
Old 09-13-2007
Registered!!

kLouD is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have another type of annoying squeak. everytime i steer the wheel left... it squeaks. might be the axle but i hear its a clicking noise and i dont think its a clicking noise.. more like a squeak. let me know =DD
Old 09-14-2007
Registered!!

xphobosx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kLouD
well i have another type of annoying squeak. everytime i steer the wheel left... it squeaks. might be the axle but i hear its a clicking noise and i dont think its a clicking noise.. more like a squeak. let me know =DD

I have the same problem too with my 01 Civic Ex. Especially when Im at an stop and I steer the wheel to the left upon turning; the sound is getting louder and a bit annoying. Thanks for any suggestions guys.

Last edited by xphobosx; 09-14-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xphobosx
I have the same problem too with my 01 Civic Ex. Especially when Im at an stop and I steer the wheel to the left upon turning; the sound is getting louder and a bit annoying. Thanks for any suggestions guys.
i feel you on that one brotha !
Old 09-15-2007
Registered!!

wel i discovered what my problem was. it was from a previous accident i had an d i never really bothered to fix it and now i realized that my reinforcement for my frame sort of cracked and now it squeaks regardless of whether im driving or not. the car is still drivable but its just really god damn annoying.