Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Interior panel pushing in?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006
smk
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smk is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior panel pushing in?!

The rear interior panels on BOTH sides of my car has a bulge that is pointing towards the interior of my car. This bulge is where the handles are (for a coupe) and I have no idea what it is! It's a really small bulge, maybe the size of a big bolt head... I kinda figured that it might be not having an alignment after being lowered on sports suspension for a year, or maybe I have hard cornered (barely) or hit some crazy potholes...

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow because it is kind of hard to explain...

Just trying to see if other people have had similar problems and understands what the hell im trying to say

Here's the pics...

Driver side:

Passenger side:

The white thing is where it's bulging out

Last edited by smk; 09-24-2006 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-24-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
never seen that one before... ... wtf...

my guess is something or someone has been pushing against the pannels harder than it/they should be..

do you carry lots of heavy stuff in yer back seat... or perhaps heavy people...

or do you have a lot of sex back there with a girl that pushes her feet against stuff.....
Old 09-24-2006
smk
Registered!!

I carry nothing in my trunk and maybe 1 or 2 people occasionally, but they aren't heavy or anything... I guess I should take it back to Honda...
Old 09-24-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
take it back or take it apart... yer $
Old 10-11-2006
smk
Registered!!

Alright, if anyone cares, I took it back to Honda.
They took the panels apart, and inside they found...

... !@#$ing GARBAGE BAGS of FOAM (Both sides the same)! It caused the panels to move out of it's mounting points, so the mounting points were just poking at the plastic when there are movements.

My car had never been in any accident (just a minor one that repainted my bumpers), so clearly it's an issue that involves the production of my car. I bought my car brand new in September of 2005. I'm still waiting for my dealer to call me, because they are checking whether my car was rebuilt before it arrived at the dealer whatsoever. If it IS rebuilt, the salesman is pretty screwed
Old 10-11-2006
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
Mine had the foam in the bags also, I took it out when I sound deadned the whole car
Old 10-11-2006
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
Explain more about this stuff...was this literally garbage bags filled with foam?? What kinda foam are we talking about? Ive reached in behind these panels before, and never felt any bags filled with anything....
Old 10-12-2006
smk
Registered!!

Ask Gixxer, because I only caught a glimpse of this and the dealer put my panels back on, the bags are still in there. Awaiting for an answer from the dealer, they are gonna call Honda Canada for an explanation.
Old 10-12-2006
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
They were just black plastic around foam pads, probably some weak attept from Honda to try to kill some road noise.
Old 10-14-2006
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I found two white square foam blocks inside my coupe when I had the interior apart. I think they put them there to dampen vibration.
Old 10-15-2006
Go Team Venture!

our cars (and prettymuch all cars) do have foam, hard plastic and soft plastic(like a bag) for vibration reduction.. however its all glued into place and should not be pushing against the pannels like that... weird..