Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Hazard button light and AC button lights flicker

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura about
Hazard button light and AC button lights flicker

Ehh my hazard button light and my ac button lights sometimes go off when i hit a bump, or what not, if i tap the area surrounding it, they usually go back on, is this easily fixable so i dont have to tap them all the time lol?
Old 08-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it might just be a loose bulb. thats easier than checking the wiring. just take it out and see if there is a loose wire too around the plug.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

nj_represent is an unknown quantity at this point
^ good assumption. I mean if both are going out with there light that means there shared electrical ground is bad somewhere. Since those two things are on a different harness you could either check the ground connection (I think to be simple there is one behind the 12V socket or take a electrical diagram of the two circuits and compare and find the partner.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

HD~Silverado is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats almost sounds exactly whats happening to me. My dash lights behind my A/C and recirc (not the ones inside) one day just stopped working. It turns out there is one bulb for those two buttons. Then yesterday it was working again before quitting on me again after I stopped. I then puched the area around the light and they came back on??? Loose bulb I'm guessin.
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

SepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura about
Idk its annoying though, it doesnt do it to much but when it does it drives me crazy.