Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Someone has got to know the name of this piece

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krill328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone has got to know the name of this piece

Hey all fellow members. I am trying to figure out what the name of the piece that goes bolted onto the headlight thats holds under it. The reason being is I think i need to change it because I had been in an accident and that left side headlight got ripped out. They fixed my car but used the same base piece and I think it is bent because my headlight is angled a bit upward.

So I am hoping that piece will fix the problem because I want to get Hid's and I cannot have it with that light angled upward cuz it will really blind people.

So yeah if anyone can tell me what the name of that piece is and where i can get it online like in Hondaautomotiveparts.com because I looked there and could not find it. If anyone can then thank u

BTW it is the left headlight
Old 08-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the bracket? well is the actual headlight sitting wrong, or is the light just too high. cause there is a level adjustment you can do to aim it back down. its the screw gear thing in the back that you can turn by sticking a screwdriver through the hole in the frame down to the gear.

anyway here it is. i think its 8?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=BUMPERS

Old 08-30-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
go back the the shop that repaired the car...ask them to look into whether or not they need to do some more work to get everything aligned

or, you could try bending the bracket before you go and buy a new one
Old 08-30-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea the shop should be the one to be replacing it and not you paying from your own money
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

krill328 is an unknown quantity at this point
well the thing is they are aftermarket headlights because the other one got cracked. I have tried looking for that adjustment to make it go downward but it does not have that. I am gonna try to bend it downward a bit but the problem is I will get into more problems cuz then if i bend too much it will aim downward. So I think I might just buy the piece to avoid the hassle. and yeah it was a while back so i know the body shop wont do anything about it. Thanks again for everyone with the help
Old 09-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
seems u got what your looking for. goodluck with it.