Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need Help: Keyless Entry Remote Problem

Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
Need Help: Keyless Entry Remote Problem

The keyless entry remote on my 2001 ex is broken. When I press the 'unlock' or 'lock' button, nothing happens. Furthermore, the little red light doesn't flash either. I tried replacing the batteries but the remote still doesn't work. Any suggestions on what to do next?

I was considering buying another remote off ebay and then using the remote programing instructions I found in other threads. Will this work?

If I buy a remote, besides the obvious that the remotes should look the same, is there any specific model remote I should look for?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-07-2006
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
hmmm, i dont know... i would call honda to make sure this works. I have heard of this being done.

Anybody else?
Old 08-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea it can be done. if you buy it on ebay they say they will even do it for you somehow.
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
thats pretty neat.

injen
Old 08-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solar is an unknown quantity at this point
After you replaced the battery, did the little red light start working? If so then I'd say something might be wrong with the receiver, not the remote.

I believe I have a brand new remote that's never been used from my old 02EX if you're interested.
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted
Originally Posted by solar
After you replaced the battery, did the little red light start working? If so then I'd say something might be wrong with the receiver, not the remote.

I believe I have a brand new remote that's never been used from my old 02EX if you're interested.
At no point in time did the little red light ever work. Thats what led me to believe it was the remote not thre reciever. As for buying the remote, am I just looking for any remote that looks exactly the same? Does the year/model of the remote matter?
Old 08-10-2006
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Vinnie
I just looking for any remote that looks exactly the same? Does the year/model of the remote matter?
They are identical, but mine has been programmed so I don't know if you can re=program it. It was my spare for my 02EX, it's never been used, PM with your address and I'll send it to you, and if it works just send me back $20, if not just send it back. I can't see postage being more than a dollar.
Old 11-28-2010
Registered!!

emicha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Help: Keyless Entry Remote Problem

Where I can get remote programing instructions for 2001 Civic EX