Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power Window - Push/Pull wire broke.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obliviot is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Window - Push/Pull wire broke.

Needless to say, the window won't stay up now.

Long story short, the wire that runs around the "pullys" inside the door that allow the window to go up and down snapped inside the motor spool. I have torn into the door (no warranty btw) so i'm now trying to get the part number and respool and string the wire inside the MF'ing tight spot of the door.

2001 Sedan, drivers door, power window.

It started making weird sounds and that was the strands of the wire popping and knotting up inside the motor spool. Finally the cover popped off the spool because the knots got so big. It was really cool. Regardless, I'm now going to have some fun.

I tested the motor it works fine, just the wire. So I guess a diagram of the powr window wire would be helpful at this point. Anyway, has anyone else experienced a joy as stated above?
Old 07-18-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I have the pages from an 01-04 "crash estimating guide" used by the body shops, It some fair drawings and OEM part #s. It may help you.
Old 07-20-2006
Registered!!

obliviot is an unknown quantity at this point
Any help with the drive wire diagrams for the pwr window and how it connects, and goes through the pulleys would be awesome.

I'm going to replace the whole wire for the window, re-spool it to the motor, and call it done. I have the door panel off right now, the door handle and the power window controls I have screwed back on just for ease of use until i get it fixed.

It's going to be a real joy from the looks of things.

thanks.
Old 07-21-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I compiled some info, Not sure if it will be of help. PM with your E-Mail and I will send it to you. Svc manual info (not sedan) and pages from estimating guide.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

theprophet36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Think I could get a copy of that? My wire broke tonight. Good thing I have a garage cuz we are expecting rain tonight.
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
are the 2 of you talking about your window regulator?
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

cheeser is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates on fixing the pulley wire in the PW motor?

Just curious if you were ever able to fix your wire problem. My problem is identical to yours in that the wire is tangled but the motor still works. It so happened to break down about a month after I arrived to my new assignment in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. No Honda dealer here! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

nj_represent is an unknown quantity at this point
You cant respool the regulator, just go buy a new one. It should run from 60-90 bucks depending. I have pulled the motor part, that casing is impossible to put back together without ****ing it. Seriously. BUY A NEW ONE.