Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

RSX won't start after Viper alarm install

Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noooorb is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX won't start after Viper alarm install

Hey guys I'm having problems with my RSX and since it is wired/setup almost like a civic I hope and pray that you'll be able to help me out. (I had a 03' Civic EX before and really liked it)

I was finishing up the install of the Viper 791 XV by screwing back together the two panels around the steering wheel. The car started by key/remote just fine before this. Now it does not want to start at all. I'm trying to start it with my key and I hear it cranking and it's as if the imobilzer won't let it start. I went back and carefully checked my installation wires and all seemed fine and the wires were held in tightly. I soldered the factory wires back together.

I'm really lost I checked the voltage on the battery (12.4-12.8 around there) and looked at other wires and they seemed fine.

On the dash the battery indicator light/icon does not come on and neither does the malfunction indicator light come on at any time (only the low oil pressure indicator). It's weird in that everything else in the car works (the fans, the noise when the key is inserted and the doors are open), except the lights I mentioned above and that it just won't start...

I checked all the relevant fuses and disconnected the alarm completely but still no go. I made a video of what exactly happens:

http://s90521308.onlinehome.us/nostart.avi (right-click, save as)

Any leads would be really appreciated.
Old 12-29-2005
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
umm, if u have low oil pressure u shouldnt even start ur car man, i remember i got a oil pressure light and car shut off..
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

winnerpl is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I mean the light just turns on as all the other ones do like ABS, SRS when turning the ignition key. Problem is I don't see imobilizer key, battery, or mafunction idicator light.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
did u get the bypass thingamajiger? not sure if the rsx needs it but i need it so that it would let the car do something i forget wat. i believe it allows the car to start nd everything. without it nothing works.
Old 12-29-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ yup ur right i needed that for my alarm heh
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Yes I did get it but it's not even the issue anymore. I took off the alarm and bypass module and connected the factory wires back and it's still doesn't work.
Old 12-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Did you check the fuses under the hood? It looks like you popped a fuse, or cut a wire. Check CAREFULLY again. It's something very stupid. And check ALL the fuses.
Old 12-29-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
or something happened and the alarm didn't reset. maybe just pull the battery it could just be a glitch.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Bah guys I'm an idiot a lil bit. I downloaded the service manual for the RSX, saw the wiring diagram for the imbolizer and took out each fuse which was shown on that page and indeed #6 (ECU) was out. Damn it I took out a lot of the wires already for the alarm and have to get back at it tomorrow. O well...

Weird I checked all teh fuses from the side and all seemed fine.

Last edited by winnerpl; 12-29-2005 at 04:55 PM.