Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Alternator = Good, battery = good, But Battery still Drains

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
koketsucivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Any word with why the battery keeps draining out? I'm having the same exact problem. Changed out the battery and had the recharge system checked out at the dealership. Everything checks out "ok" on their part. But battery keeps draining. I have nothing hooked to the car at the moment. I disconnected everything that was installed. (No power line to amps) The only thing is I had a system connected but on the stock hu but for the remote lead for the amp I tapped into the aux cigarette lighter. I since have cut the remote line from that source and went to unplug the fuse to make sure it wasn't still drawing a current but upon removal of the fuse I had found it was blown. So now the cigarette aux has no fuse. Would this still draw a current? I mean the amp worked fine from that source but I have no way telling how long that fuse ahs been blown out. But none the less can anything else be wrong?

Ok I think I may have found problem. I checked out how many amps the car was pulling and it was 3amps at car being off. So I one by one pulled the fuses no luck. I then did the relays inside the exterior fuse box. The three on the side nothing but upon removal of the relay for what I do believe is for the ac....(the one on the top with the little snowflake icon) the amps dramatically dropped. Now I'm thinking this is the problem source. So my question is.... What is that relay for? And do I just simply change the relay since it may be faulty or is it more complex then that?

**sidenote**

My 4guage power line for the stereo amp runs through the grommet under the passenger dash......but the power line is still disconnected from the battery for the time being....

Can a short cause the mass confusion? I'm thinking bad relay now....

Last edited by koketsucivic; 04-02-2006 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
On one side or the other there must be a fuse! remove it!just a quick reply!
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

gzbreaks is an unknown quantity at this point
electrical problems suck, but hey if anyone needs an alternator i got one for cheap
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

koketsucivic is an unknown quantity at this point
After replacing the relay I haven't had any problems now....and the dealership said "it wasn't the relay" but they still replaced the one I thought was faulty and wahlah car starts and runs fine.....makes me still scratch my head but oh well car works...yay....