Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Who's had a bad transmission? *UPDATED*

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jugadro is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah - I wasn't looking for any arguments - just wanted to get an idea of the transmission problems out there.

If it is any consolation to y'all, my wife's parents have had several honda civics - pretty much ever since they began importing them into this country, and they say their 2001 is the worst civic they have ever owned. They have had many problems.

Pertaining to "parts failing," yes, I am aware of that parts do fail. But a car that you pay $15K-$20K (or more) for should last more than 3 years. Its about integrity - I paid for this integrity up front so that I wouldn't have these additional multi thousand dollar expenses. Otherwise I would have bought a Dodge neon or Chevy Aveo for half the price if I knew I'd have to dump $2500 into it every 3 years. So we are complaining to Honda and it seems like they might help us out.

Any more transmission problems people?
Old 08-21-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
2002 EX Auto, Raplaced once by warranty now its rebuilt again but using the TCI Auto Master kit ( stage 2 )
Old 08-21-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
2001 auto vic lx

The tranny take a crap at 96,000 miles. Currently the car is collecting dust, awaiting the conversion to 5speed tranny. It's costing me the same as I would have spent on rebuilding the auto tranny so why not.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jugadro
Yeah - I wasn't looking for any arguments - just wanted to get an idea of the transmission problems out there.

If it is any consolation to y'all, my wife's parents have had several honda civics - pretty much ever since they began importing them into this country, and they say their 2001 is the worst civic they have ever owned. They have had many problems.

Pertaining to "parts failing," yes, I am aware of that parts do fail. But a car that you pay $15K-$20K (or more) for should last more than 3 years. Its about integrity - I paid for this integrity up front so that I wouldn't have these additional multi thousand dollar expenses. Otherwise I would have bought a Dodge neon or Chevy Aveo for half the price if I knew I'd have to dump $2500 into it every 3 years. So we are complaining to Honda and it seems like they might help us out.

Any more transmission problems people?
Just because a car cost $15-$20K, doesnt mean it will last 10 years. It may last 8 years, it may last 1 year. Parts fail without warning. Electrical parts can go at any time.

Like I said before, manufactures dont know when parts will fail. They can tell customers that if you buy a honda it will last a minimum of 5 years, they dont know. The same thing happens when you pay $50-80K for am car, it is going to have problems too, cars arent perfect. As much as we would like them to be, they arent. Yes people buy honda because they are reliable and offer good gas mileage at a reasonable price, but as with any other car, it will have problems sooner or later.
Old 08-22-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
my car took a beating untill 61k, when the tranny took a ****, but it was mostly my fault, i beat the **** out of that poor tranny..

everything on my 01 worked perfectly, but i decided not to have a d17 anymore. i have beaten my car everyday, minus the nice long warm ups. the car is running fine
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I installed a exedy clutch with throwout bearing and act prolite flywheel and still have that noise. My mechanic said its internal tranny problem so now I have to try to get my car warrantied with the magnusson act to. Honda of america s#cks. If it wasn't for tuners and import enthuisists such as us Honda wouldn't be number 2 in US sales. Im glad this is the thanks we get. Well Im not gonna roll over without a fight so if somone from Honda of america reads this just warranty our cars and you might make #1 in US sales, but if you don't expect new honda sales and repeat customers to start falling off cause nobody gonna wanna spend all this money on a car if you guys won't back up your warrantys.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hk2ronin
Well I installed a exedy clutch with throwout bearing and act prolite flywheel and still have that noise. My mechanic said its internal tranny problem so now I have to try to get my car warrantied with the magnusson act to. Honda of america s#cks. If it wasn't for tuners and import enthuisists such as us Honda wouldn't be number 2 in US sales. Im glad this is the thanks we get. Well Im not gonna roll over without a fight so if somone from Honda of america reads this just warranty our cars and you might make #1 in US sales, but if you don't expect new honda sales and repeat customers to start falling off cause nobody gonna wanna spend all this money on a car if you guys won't back up your warrantys.
How does honda of america suck? Are you still in your warranty period? Did you purchase an extended warranty? If you answered no to either of those, then honda has every right to charge you for the repairs if they do the work. And you have no right to complain if they say they wont pay for it. YOU HAVE NO WARRANTY!!! It has nothing to do with them backing up there warranties, if you have a warranty, then they will pay for it, if you dont have a warranty, then its your responsibility to pay for the repairs.

some of you just dont understand, when you buy a car, it comes with a factory warranty. Depending on the car, most are 3 years, 36,000 miles. Within that time, whoever the car manufacture is, they will pay parts and labor for any repairs that are covered under warranty. Now after that, it is up to you to pay. Now when you purchase a car, you are given the option to purhcase an extended warranty. Usually most are added to 8-10 years, 100,000 miles. And the same applies, if something fails, the dealer or warranty company will pay for the parts and labor, after that, it is up to you.

Just because your car starts having problems you are blaming honda for being asses? Honda isnt going to loose any customers, they arent going to loose any sales just cause a few people complain that they want there car fixed for free even know they dont have any warranty. It isnt import tuners and import enthusiast that make honda number 1 in sales, its the reliablilty that honda offers to its customers. And I think they have done a damn good job at that. Now yes there are alot of people that seem to be having tranny problems and other problems, but most understand that if they arent in warranty, that they have to pay for it. And most realize these trannies can be purchased for cheap and go ahead and buy another used one. Alot of people keep saying that the new hondas are ****, but realize that there are alot of people who havent had any problems. LIke I said before, if honda had every new civic coming in with tranny problems they would do something about it.

Now I will tell you this, you can purchase extended warranties out there that go past 100,000 miles and up to 170,000 miles for cheap. I purchased one. My extended warranty runs out in 400 miles at 100,000 miles. I now have another one till 125,000 miles. They have ones out there for as little as $500 for a complete powertrain warranty. You might want to look them up if you have a chance. Now I understand that hondas are reliable, but anything can happen at any point, and thats why I purchased another warranty. Besides, I am in school and do alot of driving. And I dont have much money to be forking out for expensive parts and what not.

Last edited by streetglower; 08-22-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

Actually I do have a warranty to 100,000 miles, I have 58,000 and they denied my claim because I have aftermakrket parts on my car. So now I have to call Honda of america and get them to warranty my tranny when it should have been fixed already in the first place.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

Actually I do have a warranty to 100,000 miles, I have 58,000 and they denied my claim because I have aftermakrket parts on my car. So now I have to call Honda of america and get them to warranty my tranny when it should have been fixed already in the first place.
thats another thing, honda wont warranty the tranny if you have aftermarket parts on there, especially aftermarket clutch parts. I see that you have a aftermarket clutch and aftermarket flywheel. Most of the times, the dealers have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the failure, but I am pretty sure honda can come up with a few reasons why an aftermarket clutch would cause your tranny to have problems.

But good luck with that one. Its good that you do have a extended warranty, but now you just have to deal with them with aftermarket parts. One thing you can do is however, go to your local honda and see if they sell aftermarket clutch parts at the parts dept. My dealer here sells all kinds of aftermarket parts, they have intakes, headers, lowering springs, clutch kits, and the honda dealer on the other side of town sells jackson racing superchargers and greddy turbochargers for the older civics, and I think they even install them, but not sure. You can use that against honda if they still try and deny you warranty, but it is still going to be hard.

Last edited by streetglower; 08-22-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
im scared, my 01 is at 37k...man, i can say that i better start saving cuz at 60-70k its goin bye bye..
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
I had a 2001 Civic Auto tranny and there was no problems at all with it until the day I sold it at 55k miles.

Until that last day the tranny shifted smoothly and without any problems.

Overall, the car never had a single problem..
Old 08-23-2005
Registered!!

I didn't replace clutch till they told me thats what it was. So then I did the clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing because when parts fail on my car I replace them with aftermarket ones. I have suspension, exhaust, intake, and a short shift kit. The noise started way before I even put my suspension or my shortshift kit. Fortunately I have the federal warranty law(magnusson act) on my side. It states that they can only deny my warranty because aftermarket parts if the part caused the failure. I'm gonna fight it because I don't think any of these parts caused the damage.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, well my car is at 38K and around 35K 3rd started to grind, and i bought tranny fluid to swap out the old, but never got aroudn to it, i just started to skip 3rd or drive slower, and then i started using 3rd again all teh time and it stopped, adn now all of a sudden 2nd and 4th do it every once in awhile, i dont kno
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

My transmission assessment/diagnosis results are in;
Main-shaft bearings disintegrated.
The aluminum transmission and steel bearings expand / contract at different rates causing room for vibration and ultimately failure.
Honda of America is covering it 100% and paying extra for overnight freight of the new parts/transmission. (even with some after-market parts)
They might even cover labor on a 60,000 servicing!
My car has 57,900 miles on it. It's a 2002 Civic EX Manual 5spd.
They said it is because I have had the car serviced regularly mostly at Honda service centers (went to Walmart service for a few oil changes) and kept all of the records and paperwork (faxed 36 pages of records to them).

So my recommendation to all:
Service your car at Honda - at least through the warranty.
Keep meticulous records - save all paperwork (it could save you thousands)
I didn't even have to put up a fight.

To those who said, "Honda won't cover it" or "you're screwed if you don't have a warranty" or "Honda won't touch it if you have after-market parts..."
Do your homework and don't back down.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

well I did my homework did all my services and they still denied me because I have aftermarket parts. I talked to a guy at hondacare and he said the magnusson warranty act didn't mean anything because any aftermarket part-even ones that had nothing to do with the tranny still void the warranty. Im so mad, tommorow I'm calling the better business burea, the state attorney general, evryone and anyone I can call and talk to because this is bullsh@t. How come they void my warranty yet honor jugadro's. does this make any sense to anyone?
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

well I did my homework did all my services and they still denied me because I have aftermarket parts. I talked to a guy at hondacare and he said the magnusson warranty act didn't mean anything because any aftermarket part-even ones that had nothing to do with the tranny still void the warranty. Im so mad, tommorow I'm calling the better business burea, the state attorney general, evryone and anyone I can call and talk to because this is bullsh@t. How come they void my warranty yet honor jugadro's. does this make any sense to anyone?
Man, that is messed up. I'm pretty sure they are wrong.
Well actually, what mods do you have? If you're running a 15" turbo from a Mack truck pushing 550 hp mated to a tranny that can only handle up to 300, I highly doubt they will cover it.
The only drivetrain mod I have is a V2 intake. But again, they said having a solid, documented service history is key.

I'd call the number on Honda Owner Link and talk to a representative from Honda of America (again?).
Good luck - be persistent - go to your local dealer last. Gather your service records - they wanna see that you've been taking care of your car - save everything.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

I think jugadros problem is different then yours though. He only had on a intake, but you have a aftermarket clutch, lightened flywheel, and a short shifter, which honda is going to say more then anything that is what caused the problems. Even though you know in your heart that the problems were there before any of that was put on, honda can argue to the max that those parts caused the problems. Now if you had an intake, exhaust, or lowered, I can understand you going to the max and complaining cause there would be no way those parts would have caused it, but when you have aftermarket tranny parts, it is harder. Good luck though.
Old 08-25-2005
Registered!!

At the time they denied my claim all I had was a short shifter, intake, and exhaust, and my suspension. I only just changed my clutch and flywheel because the honda adjuster said thats probaly what it was. I think they just wanted my money. Anyway last night I called honda of america and the guy I talked to took my info to give to a case worker. He said hondacare is a seperate entity and if I still had a factory warranty there would be no problem. He also said that the case worker might come to the same descison that hondacare did(I hope not) or he might side with me. I'll see what happens but I went and bought an 02 ex tranny for 150 bucks, so if they end up denying me again I'll just swap em out. I don't think I should have a problem putting it in my 01.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Exclamation Need Help, anybody with an 01 0r 02 tranny problem

Well I have an internal tranny problem and Hondacare and Honda of america have denied my warranty thats supposed to be good to 100,000 miles. They said even a cold air intake would have voided my warranty and now I'm in contact with the consumer protection agency. I need people who have had tranny problems fixed under warranty to post here and let me know what the problem was and what mods you have. The consumer protection agency guy didn't even know about the magnusson warranty act and wants me to send him some of the posts off here. Ive heard that the 01 and 02 trannys are garbage and I just need to show this guy that there really is a problem and its not because of my mods. Im not giving up on this because I think Hondacare and Honda of America know the is a problem they just don't want to admit it. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i am working on my second tranny now, have several mods including intake, catback exhaust, high flow cat. converter, header.

Injen
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
heck read my custom title below my name man! lol

Injen
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Just in case you need it again

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/clah...d%20warranties

Consumer Law Help Manual
Warranties
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act , adopted by Congress in 1975, regulates warranties given by manufacturers to consumers.[1]

The Magnuson-Moss Act does not require warranties, written or oral, or proscribe the duration of a warranty. If a manufacturer does provide a written warranty, however, the Act requires certain disclosures and standards be met. The Act also provides a consumer with the power to sue a manufacturer for breach of any written or implied warranty or of a service contract. The court may also award attorney’s fees to a successful consumer litigant.

The warranty must be written in simple and readily understood language, and must be labeled as “full” or “limited.”

• Written Warranties
• Spoken Warranties
• Implied Warranties
• Service Contracts
• Third Party Service Contracts in New York
• Advertisements
• Advertising Warranties Covered by the Pre-Sale Availability Rule
• Advertising a Satisfaction Guarantee
• Advertising a Lifetime Warranty or Guarantee
• Preventing Problems
• Remedies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Written Warranties

Although not required by law, written warranties come with most major purchases. When comparing written warranties, keep the following in mind:

• How long does the warranty last? Check the warranty to see when it begins and when it expires, as well as any conditions that may void coverage.

• Who do you contact to get warranty service? It may be the seller or the manufacturer who provides you with service.

• What will the company do if the product fails? Read to see whether the company will repair the item, replace it, or refund your money.

• What parts and repair problems are covered? Check to see if any parts of the product or types of repair problems are excluded from coverage. For example, some warranties require you to pay for labor charges. Also, look for conditions that could prove expensive or inconvenient, such as a requirement that you ship a heavy object to a factory for service, or that you return the item in the original carton.

• Does the warranty cover “consequential damages?” Many warranties do not cover damages caused by the product, or your time and expense in getting the damage repaired. For example, if your freezer breaks and the food spoils, the company will not pay for the lost food.

• Are there any conditions or limitations on the warranty? Some warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. For example, a warranty may cover only personal uses—as opposed to business uses—of the product. Make sure the warranty will meet your needs.
Return to top

Spoken Warranties
If a salesperson makes a promise orally, such as that the company will provide free repairs, get it in writing. Otherwise, you may not be able to get the service that was promised.
Return to top

Implied Warranties
Implied warranties are created by state law, and all states have them. Almost every purchase you make is covered by an implied warranty. The most common type of implied warranty—a “warranty of merchantability,” means that the seller promises that the product will do what it is supposed to do. For example, a car will run and a toaster will toast.

Another type of implied warranty is the “warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. This applies when you buy a product on the seller’s advice that it is suitable for a particular use. For example, a person who suggests that you buy a certain sleeping bag for zero-degree weather warrants that the sleeping bag will be suitable for zero degrees.

If your purchase does not come with a written warranty, it is still covered by implied warranties unless the product is marked “as is,” or the seller otherwise indicates in writing that no warranty is given. Several states, including Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia, do not permit “as is” sales.

If problems arise that are not covered by the written warranty, you should investigate the protection given by your implied warranty.

Implied warranty coverage can last as long as four years, although the length of the coverage varies from state to state. A lawyer or a state consumer protection office can provide more information about implied warranty coverage in your state.

Return to top

Service Contracts
When you buy a car, home, or major appliance, you may be offered a service contract. Although often called “extended warranties,” service contracts are not warranties. Service contracts, like warranties, provide repair and/or maintenance for a specific period of time. Warranties, however, are included in the price of the product; service contracts cost extra and are sold separately. To determine whether you need a service contract, consider:

• whether the warranty already covers the repairs and the time period of coverage that you would get under the service contract;
• whether the product is likely to need repairs and the potential costs of such repairs;
• the duration of the service contract;
• the reputation of the company offering the service contract.
Return to top

Third Party Service Contracts in New York
Since 1997, New York State has permitted third party service contract sales.

Return to top

Advertisements
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act does not cover the advertising of warranties. However, warranty advertising falls within the scope of the FTC Act, which generally prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce.” Therefore, it is a violation of the FTC Act to advertise a warranty deceptively.

The FTC’s Guide for the Advertising of Warranties and Guarantees[2] provide guidelines for advertising warranties. The Guides cover three principal topics: how to advertise a warranty that is covered by the Pre-Sale Availability Rule; how to advertise a satisfaction guarantee; and how to advertise a lifetime guarantee or warranty.
Return to top

Advertising Warranties Covered by the Pre-Sale Availability Rule
In general, the Guides advise that if a print or broadcast ad for a consumer product mentions a warranty, and the advertised product is covered by the Pre-Sale Availability Rule (that is, the product is sold in stores for more than $15) the ad should inform consumers that a copy of the warranty is available to read prior to sale at the place where the product is sold. Print or broadcast advertisements that mention a warranty on any consumer product that can be purchased through the mail or by telephone should inform consumers how to get a copy of the warranty.

For advertisements of consumer products costing $15 or less, the Guides do not call for the pre-sale availability disclosure. Instead, the Guides advise that the FTC’s legal decisions and policy statements are the sole sources of guidance on how to avoid unfairness or deception in advertising warranties. Consult your attorney for assistance in researching and applying the FTC’s case decisions and policy statements.
Return to top

Advertising a Satisfaction Guarantee
The Guides advise that, regardless of the price of the product, advertising terms such as “satisfaction guaranteed” or “money back guarantee” should be used only if the advertiser is willing to provide full refunds to customers when, for any reason, they return the merchandise.

The Guides further advise that an ad mentioning a satisfaction guarantee or similar offer should inform consumers of any material conditions or limitations on the offer. For example, a restriction on the offer to a specific time period, such as 30 days, is a material condition that should be disclosed.

Return to top

Advertising a Lifetime Warranty or Guarantee
“Lifetime” warranties or guarantees can be a source of confusion for consumers. This is because it is often difficult to tell just whose life measures the period of coverage. “Lifetime” can be used in at least three ways. For example, a warrantor of an auto muffler may intend his “lifetime” warranty’s duration to be for the life of the car on which the muffler is installed. In this case, the muffler warranty would be transferable to subsequent owners of the car and would remain in effect throughout the car’s useful life.

Or the warrantor of the muffler might intend a “lifetime” warranty to last as long as the original purchaser of the muffler owns the car on which the muffler is installed. Although commonly used, this is an inaccurate application of the term “lifetime.”

Finally, “lifetime” can be used to describe a warranty that lasts as long as the original purchaser of the product lives. This is probably the least common usage of the term.

The Guides advise that to avoid confusing consumers about the duration of a “lifetime” warranty or guarantee, ads should tell consumers which “life” measures the warranty’s duration. In that way, consumers will know which meaning of the term “lifetime” is intended.

Return to top

Preventing Problems
To minimize problems, read the warranty before you buy. Understand exactly what protection the warranty gives you.

Consider the reputation of the company offering the warranty. If you’re not familiar with the company, ask your local or state consumer protection office or Better Business Bureau if they have any complaints against the company. A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it.

Save your receipt and file it with the warranty. You may need it to document the date of your purchase or prove that you’re the original owner in the case of a nontransferable warranty.

Perform required maintenance and inspections. Use the product according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Abuse or misuse may void your warranty coverage.
Return to top

Remedies
If you have problems with a product or with getting warranty service: Read your product instructions and warranty carefully. Don’t expect features or performance that your product was not designed for, or assume warranty coverage that was never promised in writing. A warranty does not mean that you will automatically get a refund if the product is defective—the company may be entitled to try to fix it first. On the other hand, if you reported a defect to the company during the warranty period and the product wasn’t fixed properly, the company must correct the problem, even if your warranty expires before the product is fixed.

Try to resolve the problem with the retailer. If you can’t, write to the manufacturer. Your warranty should list the company’s mailing address. Send all letters by certified mail, return receipt requested, and keep copies (see this Manual’s sample complaint letter).

Contact your state or local consumer protection office (see this Manual’s Appendix for addresses and telephone numbers). They can help you if you can not resolve the situation with the seller or manufacturer. Research dispute resolution programs that try to informally settle any disagreements between you and the company. Your local consumer protection office can suggest organizations to contact. Also, check your warranty; it may require dispute resolution procedures before going to court.

Consider small claims court. If your dispute involves less than $3,000, you can usually file a lawsuit in small claims court. The costs are relatively low, procedures are simple, and lawyers usually are not needed. (See this Manual’s chapter on Small Claims Court for more information.)

If all else fails, you may want to consider a lawsuit. You can sue for damages or any other type of relief the court awards, including legal fees. A lawyer can advise you how to proceed.

Portions of this chapter were excerpted from the FTC publication “Warranties” (May 1998).

Return to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] 15 USC §§ 2301-2312
[2] 16 C.F.R. Part 239 (2004).

Last Modified: May 24, 2005

Injen +rep would be nice!
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

woops, i see that streetglower merged the threads.

injen
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by injencivic
woops, i see that streetglower merged the threads.

injen
its all good.

Well I have an internal tranny problem and Hondacare and Honda of america have denied my warranty thats supposed to be good to 100,000 miles. They said even a cold air intake would have voided my warranty and now I'm in contact with the consumer protection agency. I need people who have had tranny problems fixed under warranty to post here and let me know what the problem was and what mods you have. The consumer protection agency guy didn't even know about the magnusson warranty act and wants me to send him some of the posts off here. Ive heard that the 01 and 02 trannys are garbage and I just need to show this guy that there really is a problem and its not because of my mods. Im not giving up on this because I think Hondacare and Honda of America know the is a problem they just don't want to admit it. Any help will be appreciated.
Now dont you also have some tranny upgrades? The last time you posted about this you said you did, so I think that plays a big factor why they are possibly denying your warranty. Best bet is too just keep fighting this issue with them.

Last edited by streetglower; 09-02-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

+ rep for me anybody? lol

Injen
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Angry

at the time of the problem all I had was intake, exhaust, my suspension, and a short shift kit. I only replaced the clutch and flywheel because thats what honda said the noise was. WHen parts go bad on my car I replace them with aftermarket ones. They said even an intake would void my warranty. I said so parts that have nothing to do with the transmission void my warranty and they said yes, also stating that the magnusson act didn't exist and that it was not relevent. I don't think my parts had anything to do with this problem, I think the transmissions are bad and not made well. They are just denying my warranty and using my aftermarket part use to their advantage so they don't have to pay for something they know is defective. Lots of people have had tranny problems even without the shortshifter or any aftermarket parts on their car. I just need some help so at the end of all this Honda will fix my tranny and that these problems were defects and not caused by the aftermarket parts so the next time it happens to someone else they have some precendents to fall back on. Sorry for starting the new thread and thanks for merging them.
Old 09-02-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by injencivic
heck read my custom title below my name man! lol

Injen
My car is in the same pradictament. I'm currently swapping a manual tranny in.
Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
Wow that was a lot of posts to read..
I'm on my second transmission.. I bought the 100,000 Hondacare warranty.. No drivetrain mods.. I got the second one at around 60,000 miles. I printed off some service bulletin that I got off of this site and they were like, 'oh okay..' It was something about how you could hear a clicking sound whenever you turned right...
Old 09-04-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Ellocodetroit
My car is in the same pradictament. I'm currently swapping a manual tranny in.

how much is that costing you?

Injen
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tranny slipping on 01 auto vic, 3rd gear is ****. my roof liner is coming off, had to replace starter twice this year. My battery pooped, Then alternator. Had my PS belt come off . ratteling from everywhere in my car. I hit bumps and my headlights turn of and on . glove compartment is not closing right. i get like 8 MPG no matter how i drive... i have 55k on my car not many Major problems yet, but the lil things add up.. o yah my ac makes my car smell like vaginal discharge. but yah tranny blows, i baby the damn thing and its starting to slip at 55k! i have a nissan stanza and the tranny didnt go until 178K, repalced that and i still can burn rubber in it and it has over 200k on it !!

Quick Reply: Who's had a bad transmission? *UPDATED*