Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Clutch Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hitman450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Clutch Problems?

I have recelty experienced problems with my release bearing in my 2000 civic EX. it makes a metal shimming noise, its not real heavy sounding, but enough to hear, and sometimes it picks up when its in gear. but more over, im having that replaced, what i want to know is if there is a safe way to shift it to keep it alive to keep it from dieing, or if its a major problem. It doesnt sound liek it, iver drived a long ways with it. But more recently, whenever i make a right turn with it in second gear, it pops out by itself. im wondering if the two are related, or if this is another problem, it only happens on right turns. im wondering if there is any corrective action that can be taken right away. i have a ways to drive real soon here (1400 miles) it doesnt make the sound at highway speeds at all please note. Im active army so its kinda hard for me to change the clutching system real fast. any ideas?
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine makes kind of a "groaning" noise between shifts. I don't notice it at all while engaged in any gear, only when disengaged, and it seems to vary with engine speed. Is this similar to what you're experiencing? The 2nd gear pop-out problem is a synchro problem, at least it is on 7th gen (01+ civics). I wouldn't be suprised if the same thing was happening in your car.