Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

whirring sound on startup

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
whirring sound on startup

hey all,

i have an 05 vp, sedan, i have noticed since i live in great ol michigan (NOT so great) but when it is cold outside, i would say around 10-15 degrees or lower, when i start up my car, it sounds like a little whizzing or whirring sound loud enough to where you can hear it, but i cant tell if it is inside or outside the vehicle. also, it was about 5 degrees this morning, i went to take off and it didnt want to move, its an auto so i am thinking it got so cold that the trans fluid got thicker and i didnt give it enough time to circle through. so other than that, its just slow because of its lil 115 hp engine, but seems like my tranny may be slipping at times, not sure, when i am driving down the street, ill keep it steady and when i let off a little bit and then accelerate to the speed i was at again, it kind of goes up in rpm, then catches. like rrroom, like i can rev it for half a second, before it will start to go again. i have no mods whatsoever, besides my stereo. any ideas of what any of these can be, and what type of stuff i can put on an automatic sedan?

ruckusw
Old 01-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
If your car is having problems in extreme cold, you should consider getting a block heater installed. And then get a electric socket timer so that it only starts heating your engine block 2 hours before you're ready to leave in the morning (cuz those things suck juice like there's no tomorrow).

I guessing that with your engine oil and tranny fluid heated properly before you start in the morning, those whirring sounds and hesitation problems are going to stop.