Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Paint cracking on urethane kit HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Paint cracking on urethane kit HELP

I was just cleaning the car today and I noticed that paint was cracking on my WWG5 front lip. This has happened to me before. Unfortunately I didn't notice it last time and a chunk of paint just came off. I had to repaint the whole lip. Is there any easy way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

nobody seems to help on the forums these days :/
Old 12-05-2004
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
re paint it

if its small go buy some touch up paint...it will still look ugly from close...but far ull be ok...repaint it is my advise
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
is the paint chipping due to the lip scraping the ground or is it just chipping by itself?

if its chipping by itself then the body shop did a shitty job and you can go to the shop that painted and tell them to repaint it for free cuz they did a shitty job.

if the paint is chipping where the lip hit the ground then it's not the body shop's fault.

touch up paint will always look liek touch up paint... thats why i dont liek touch up paint. if you really want it to look perfect then let a body shop repaint the whole thing and if you dont then i guess touch up paint would do.
Old 12-05-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CiViCLiZeD714
nobody seems to help on the forums these days :/
Post your favorite fast food!
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
fibergalss holds paint well, but breaks easily, urethane doesnt hold paint well, but doesnt break easily. Remember that
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by streetglower
fibergalss holds paint well, but breaks easily, urethane doesnt hold paint well, but doesnt break easily. Remember that

urethane can hold up paint just as well if the body shop prepped it correctly.... some body shops take short cuts in prepping causing the paint to flake off over time.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

the paint is cracking due to stress. I have already gone back once and they did paint the lip over again. I guess I'm just going to find another body shop which will do a better job then these lazy bastards.