Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

How Quiet Inside Your Civic?

Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zackde is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy How Quiet Inside Your Civic?

guys,

i drove a friends civic (about a year old) & when i compare the sound inside this civic compared to mine (2+ years old) this new civic is quiet, really sounds new, i mean in the highway mine seems like having a wind leaking inside of of some kind, whooshing / humming type

is it typical the the older your vic the noisier it gets? (disregard the exhaust & intakes, im concern about how air tight you are compared to the brand new)

is it the rubber-seal thingy on your doors that sould be replaced?
Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

ohiojosh78 can only hope to improve
If you want your car quieter just take up your carpet and lay down a layer of dynamat or spray some rubberized sound deadener. Either or really help around the rear wheelwell because there is none there from the factory.
Old 10-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by zackde
guys,

i drove a friends civic (about a year old) & when i compare the sound inside this civic compared to mine (2+ years old) this new civic is quiet, really sounds new, i mean in the highway mine seems like having a wind leaking inside of of some kind, whooshing / humming type

is it typical the the older your vic the noisier it gets? (disregard the exhaust & intakes, im concern about how air tight you are compared to the brand new)

is it the rubber-seal thingy on your doors that sould be replaced?
Like I tell everyone else, just turn up your music and you wont here it.
Old 10-16-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
^^What he said
Old 10-17-2004
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
What kind of tires you have really makes a difference with road noise, too.
Old 10-17-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
You do know they put more sound-deadening material in the Civic for 03 and up right?
Old 10-17-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
my car only has 5,000 miles, so its pretty quiet
Old 10-18-2004
Registered!!

M3RKR33 is an unknown quantity at this point
my 02 LX with 66000 KM is pretty damn noisy on the highway. but like streetglower said, i just crank up my sound system a lil and forget abt it
Old 10-21-2004
Registered!!

civic_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
at a standstill my 02' dx-g is quiet at a mouse!
Old 10-21-2004
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
04 Civics are a lot quieter than 01s-03s cuz they refined the car by stuffing more sound dampening. Also the car has a lil softer touched ive noticed. such as the door handle and roof handles dont snap back as hard and the suspension is not as hard. Also the RATTLES are gone!!!
Old 10-21-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
My 01 is pretty quiet when going down the road. Of course I have 10 cans of expanding foam, 200 sq ft of FatMat, and an additional layer of carpet padding in the floor. It's still not as dead as I want it though.
Old 10-25-2004
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is loud. Creaks, squeeks, wind and road noise.
Old 10-25-2004
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is loud. Actually louder inside then my wifes 12yr old car.
Old 10-28-2004
Registered!!

stock is on a distinguished road
Anyone have strange noises from the behind the dash area? It's more noticable when cold.
Old 10-28-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
my 02 lx (ill hit 30k monday on the way home from work unless i end up going out this weekend.. which i wont cuz i have no life) is super quiet.. but then again my last car was a 76 lemens.. so..... yeah..
Old 10-29-2004

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
01 is very quiet

our 98 sedan has a wind whistle noise somewhere that I can't isolate. I've tried everything I can think of and have NO CLUE what it is. I've thought of taking it to a dealer but I have no idea how they would be able to find it.
Old 10-29-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
01 isnt that bad at all. It holds sound quite well. When I am bumping my system with the door shut and windows up, it holds all the bass in really well, but if I crack a window, or open a door, you will here it for a good distance. It's also nice and quiet other than the exhaust when I am driving. Freeways on windy days suck.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

zackde is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i got that dash noise when its cold? what is that?
Old 12-06-2004

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
plastic paneling - not much you can do.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Mine isnt quiet at all especially since I gutted the rear half of my car to reduce weight!
Old 12-06-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
I have no wind noise in the cabin, very little road noise from my 17's, but the moonroof rattles as well as a loose heat shield from my exhaust that i have to tighten. Other than that, it's all good
Old 12-06-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Well my 05 is perfect but its new so what do you expect...im sure though down the road minor issues will arise..

My 85 lude was crazy for rattles and shiat
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
My 02 is very quiet. So quiet, that the tiny squeak in the sunroof gets annoying. That's about it. One day I'll get fed up and pull the headliner and fix that little squeak.
For those with dash noises, try wrapping some electrical tape around the glovebox catch. I did, that's where my dash noise actually came from. So far, those were the only 2 rattles in the car. I only hear the sunroof squeak with the radio off. It's actually one of the clips that holds up the headliner, but it's a pain to get to.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

SilverCivSedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 4drcivic2k1
Mine is loud. Creaks, squeeks, wind and road noise.

Yup, and the stereo system in my doen't help either.
Old 12-06-2004
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
/\/\/\ That damm squeak is annnnnnnnnoying!!!! That's all i hear, aside from a vibrating heat sheild
Old 12-06-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
^^^What does the vibrating heat shield sound like? Is it a noise at 3000rpm. Cause I get a whining sound at 3000rpm.
Old 12-06-2004
Boosting Daily

/\/\it rarely happens, but it'll start real quiet, then i feel it in the shifter, then its like a tin can banging around under the car. It'll do it at idle to til i rev it a lil' then it'll go away. It hasn't done it in a few days and i know exactly where its coming from , just haven't had the time to get under the car and patch it up. Also it rattles a little when you slam the passenger side door.
Old 12-06-2004
Boosting Daily

you say you hear a winding noise around 3k? I hear it as well, i figure it's normal.
Old 12-06-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
you say you hear a winding noise around 3k? I hear it as well, i figure it's normal.

I notice when my windows are rolled up. I'll be driving then a whinning noise that goes away engage the clutch(whines for a bit and goes away). Is it the syncxros rotating?
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by nindoo
I notice when my windows are rolled up. I'll be driving then a whinning noise that goes away engage the clutch(whines for a bit and goes away). Is it the syncxros rotating?

do you hear it the entire time you're driving or only as soon as you push the clutch in?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Quiet Inside Your Civic?