Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP, Dealership said VOID WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaHottie is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP, Dealership said VOID WARRANTY

Okay guys, i ended up getting an 02 with 13k miles, i dont know if you remember but i was asking about buying a civic awhile ago. I bought it from a Honda/Nissan dealership in NY. So about a day after i got my car my boyfriend put in HID's because hes a distributor. But the day i got my car i noticed when i brought it home that when i went to start it, it would crank but wouldnt start, then if i took the key out and put it back in it would start up right away. So i took it to Honda today, which is about a week after purchase. I leave it all day and they call up and say that putting the HID's in voided the warranty and they werent going to touch the car. What should i do, my bf said that it was a direct connection it doesnt void any warranty and they are just trying to get one off on me but im so sad cuz i just got the car.

PLEASE HELP

Candice
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
Ask for a copy of your warranty and ask them to show where it says you will void it if you put in HIDs.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Check out this thread. There is a law that says dealers CANNOT void the warrenty unles they can PROVE that a mod definatly caused the problem.

This way if your transmission breaks and you have a lowered car the dealer cant say the tranny broke cuz of it being lowered....

There ya go

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

pimpdaddymike00 is an unknown quantity at this point
put stocks back in and take it back. you said you put in HID's... just the bulbs, or did you replace the whole headlamp assembly. technically they have to prove to you the HID's are what caused the problem in the first place. if they can, then warrenty goes byby, but if they cant, then they still have to honor the warrenty.

dealerships are like that, your breaks go out, and they blame it on your window tint. if it were me, ide put the stocks back in, and take it back. if they give you ****... HID's?? what HID's.
Old 07-16-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
There is NO way hids caused the car not to start. I've been running them for a few weeks now with no problems. They use alot of power for the first second you turn them on, but then they use 1/2 the wattage of stock halogen bulbs.

Have you tried the trick for starting? You turn the car to the ON position and leave it for a few seconds. Then go ahead and crank it. What this does is build fuel pressure so the car starts better. Try that, and then go to another dealer if you still have the problem.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

X-R8ED is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I had **** like that happen with my brothers Si/SiR hatchback its a 2002 and I put a Vtec light in it, he was already having problems before then they said they wouldnt warranty the car because there was a wire coming from the ECU so I disconnected the wire and they had to fix the problem, dont let those a$$ holes take advantage of you. Those fu(kin dealer employees really pi$$ me off, theyre all just a bunch of idiots "BRING IT HOME TO HONDA" what a bunch of bullsh!t what so some idiot punk in training can learn on my car no freakin way, I never bring my car there I dont trust any of those fools, and if they still give you a hard time about warranty go and complain directly to HONDA-North America & Japan just feed them a bunch of bull like you have only ever bought Honda cars cause theyre great blah,blah,blah, but now cause of the problems with the dealer and them not wanting to honor your warranty you wont ever buy HONDA again, they sure made the dealer act fast when I sent my complaint. I hope you get your problems fixed(under warranty) and good luck
L8TeR X-R8eD
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

HondaHottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks alot guys, my boyfriend is really pissed because of these guys. He cant go and do anything tho because my dad is the owner, so its really not his place, but tomorrow he plans to go down there with my dad. Hopefully they will honor it and THANKS ALOT FOR THAT LAW!!! Thanks

Candice
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

mastro can only hope to improve
I got almost the same car( but mines an EX ), not sure if you know this but their is a recall on the headlight wiring harness. The only reason i bring that up is cause i just got the recall fixed and the dealer i bought the car from didn't wanna touch it cause it wasn't stock....... but i went to a nother dealership and they fixed it with out a question, matter a fact the whole staff came out to look at my car. If i were you i would just go to a nother dealership, matter of fact i would put a complaint in with honda. thats sh!tty.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

X-R8ED is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mastro
but i went to a nother dealership and they fixed it with out a question, matter a fact the whole staff came out to look at my car. If i were you i would just go to a nother dealership, matter of fact i would put a complaint in with honda. thats sh!tty.
I think a nother is one word "another"
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
the problem with your car could be the immobilizer. i heard when that goes bad then you have a hard time starting your car.
Old 07-17-2004
Registered!!

civichxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it has something to do with youe ecu programming cause there is a chip in your key...it is possible it just needs to be flashed or it could be something completly differrent.... who knows and dont get me started on Dealerships
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

dnbguy86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
There is NO way hids caused the car not to start. I've been running them for a few weeks now with no problems. They use alot of power for the first second you turn them on, but then they use 1/2 the wattage of stock halogen bulbs.

Have you tried the trick for starting? You turn the car to the ON position and leave it for a few seconds. Then go ahead and crank it. What this does is build fuel pressure so the car starts better. Try that, and then go to another dealer if you still have the problem.

Wattage aint the problem, its the amperage fool...
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dnbguy86
Wattage aint the problem, its the amperage fool...
haha, you know Watts = Amps x Volts, right?
so technically gearbox is still correct.
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

MrDibbs19 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope everything works out for you... dealership employees are a-holes, especially in the area i live in , no respect all heart-less people
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wonderz
haha, you know Watts = Amps x Volts, right?
so technically gearbox is still correct.
owned...

There is another thread about the immobilizer and it sounds really similar to the problem you're having.
oh..here it is: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=182824