Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Anyone here have to replace Throttle Body or TPS Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Exclamation Anyone here have to replace Throttle Body or TPS Sensor?

I might have to try and get my dealer to replace the throttle body and Throttle Positioning Sensor to help cure an idle and acceleration problem I've had for almost 2 years.

anyone have this replaced?
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
hey Pharoh, I thought you got this fixed last year? There was a TSB that you used and everything and I posted as a sticky (it's not a sticky anymore though).

Did the problem just come back recently?
Old 06-25-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
No, it started back up again and it's gotten worse. the TB/TPS sensor is the only other thing I see being able to correct this.
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if you took your throttle body off and cleaned it out good if it would help. You replace your fuel filter?
Old 06-25-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally Posted by flotsamm
I wonder if you took your throttle body off and cleaned it out good if it would help. You replace your fuel filter?

Haven't changed the fuel filter yet. I had a look in the TB and it was really clean.

Makes me wonder....my dealership, as great as they are with me, have been toiling over this for 2 years now....I take it to the one down the road from where I work and it takes him 5 minutes to suggest the TPS once he finds out the IAC was changed.