Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Anyone here a Technician at honda, Need help with power door locks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Arrow Anyone here a Technician at honda, Need help with power door locks?

I posted this a while ago but go no response. So I will post it a different way. Anyway, like alot of people on here, My driver side lock doesnt work, only the passanger lock. This in turn causes my remote to not lock the doors and I have to use the key. Some people have said if you hear the lock trying to move, then it might be a loose wire, and if you don't hear it, it might be the actuator. Now I took off my door panel this morning and have no idea what it is. Also how the hell do I get the actuator out, or see if the wire is disconnected. Where would it be disconnected at.? It just looks so complicated. It is under warranty, but I have a $100 deductable so if it is the actuator I would like to know where and how to get it out. If anyone else has done it, is there any other parts to take off of the door.

Last edited by streetglower; 06-19-2004 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Better way to get this problem resolved
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
So does anyone know how to get to the door actuator and get it out?
Old 06-19-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Try and look at the iwres going to the motor. I'm not too familiar with it. So are you hearing the motor working? Maybe something just came loose when you opened the panel.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

Last night when I opened my door and pushed the lock button, for a second I heard a buzzing, but then I didnt. When I took the door panel off, I saw the wire leading from the lock but dont know where it goes, I am guessing the actuator. Stumped on what to do.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

It is kinda blocked by the metal frame in the door. I dont see where anything could be connected.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

I am not sure but when people talk about the connection coming loose, are they talking about the piece that connects to the door lock. Because that was connected. It is the wires that connect the window and door lock.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
This is simple to test. I'm 99% sure that your door lock actuator is dead. You can test it by opening the door panel, unplugging your actuator and putting a test light on the other end. You should be able to see power going to it when you hit the button on your remote. That will tell you the connection is fine. Next, you go replace the actuator. It shouldn't take more than 1h to do, taking your time.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
Mine just started doing the same thing i think but different, mine will lck with the keychain remote thing but when I try to lock with automatic lock on the drivers side door both lock buttons will go down but the drivers side comes back up half way (its unlocked in this position) but this only happens once in awhile not all the time.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tacheon
This is simple to test. I'm 99% sure that your door lock actuator is dead. You can test it by opening the door panel, unplugging your actuator and putting a test light on the other end. You should be able to see power going to it when you hit the button on your remote. That will tell you the connection is fine. Next, you go replace the actuator. It shouldn't take more than 1h to do, taking your time.
Well I have been told that it is easier to replace the lock assembly, which includes the actuator because the actuator is hard to get off the lock assembly.
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

treehan is an unknown quantity at this point
where do i find the actuator plug to test it? i want to make sure before i buy new parts! my pos drivers door lock does the same thing. it "buzzes" every once in a while, but acts like its just stuck, but i don't see anything wrong. i guess i'll just have to order the new part and pray. let me know if you find anything out bettter, streetglower.
treehan@hotmail.com
Old 04-18-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
holy crap n00b. check out the date of that post...

might want to check the DIY section and hondaautomotiveparts.com... if you cant find your actuator, you probably dont need to try to replace it yourself...
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by treehan
where do i find the actuator plug to test it? i want to make sure before i buy new parts! my pos drivers door lock does the same thing. it "buzzes" every once in a while, but acts like its just stuck, but i don't see anything wrong. i guess i'll just have to order the new part and pray. let me know if you find anything out bettter, streetglower.
treehan@hotmail.com
I have done a DIY on fixing this. read that and it should help. Damn this was a long time ago post. LOL.