Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Kinda pissed, windshield/grill

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMBFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Kinda pissed, windshield/grill

I went to a festival and was quite intoxicated, and had my younger bro drive me and my girl home, he was the DD. The day before I washed my car and checked it over. Today I look at the car and there is a small chip in the glass close to the bottom. I'm not sure if it went all the way through, but the inside looks like there was a chip that actually came out of the glass. Second, there is a spot on my grill where it looks like the paint was just peeled off, about 1 inch long by 1/4" thick. Yea im pissed. 1 night can do that. He didn't drive it hard or through any dirt roads.... Not sure what to do in either situation. Do I fill the chip in the glass or replace it? Do I paint or replace the grill? Any suggestions?
Old 08-25-2003

Boiler_Room is on a distinguished road
I have chips in my windshield from alot of highway driving. They don't really bother me that much were I would consider replacing the entire windshield. My dad had chips on his windshield of his maxima and he took it to a shop to have repaired. When we go the car back it looked the same! They claimed they filled it with a compound, but it would never be fully restored unless they replaced the glass fully. That is not an option. If your insurance covers windshield replacement, looking into that if it is seriously bugging you. I'm sure it will pass your state inspection. That is a big chip in your grill. I would have an estimate done at a body shop for that. Buying a new grill might now be such a bad idea in this case. They are fairly cheap.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
the grill should be easy, or u can always find one here or ebay for 20bux...