Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Can't remove Rain-X Residue :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRod1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Can't remove Rain-X Residue :(

Hello all. I just joined this forum because at this point I am desperate. I own a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan, and I recently purchased a bottle of the green Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid. I sprayed some during the day, and it seemed to work fine, no problems. But then came night time... Oh my god... It was super foggy when I got into my car, and normally what I do is use my wipers and the fog would go away. But not this time. This time, the fog stayed, if not intensified, and it didn't even look like fog anymore. It looked like a white haze that covered the entire windshield. It is impossible to see at night, and as a result I have been unable to go anywhere. The screen is so hazy that every traffic light and headlight creates a mini-sun in my face, with a glare so strong that you can see the rays of light emanating in all directions from each light source. I looked up Rain-X online, and it seemed like the stuff has a silicone material in it that adheres to the glass? I tried using Soft Scrub, Rain-X Extreme Cleaner, and even traditional soap and water. None have worked. I heard that GS8 No Touch Auto Glass Stripper seems to work for people, but that product is out of stock everywhere on the internet... So someone, for the love of civics... Help
Old 01-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LucasV is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can't remove Rain-X Residue :(

Have you tried steel wool? We used to use steel wool to remove debris from a windshield when detailing.