Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

My bumper got a love bump from another car, how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete6032 is an unknown quantity at this point
My bumper got a love bump from another car, how to fix?

A family member accidentally back into my front bumper. I have no idea how to fix this or what kind of products to buy from the auto parts store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rn0pqcai26...2013.28.11.jpg

Do i just need to clay it then use rubbing compound and then apply touch up then clear coat?

Last edited by Pete6032; 09-12-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2013
Registered!!

youmadeyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My bumper got a love bump from another car, how to fix?

Originally Posted by Pete6032
A family member accidentally back into my front bumper. I have no idea how to fix this or what kind of products to buy from the auto parts store. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rn0pqcai26...2013.28.11.jpg

Do i just need to clay it then use rubbing compound and then apply touch up then clear coat?

You could try to Speed buff it out but some of that is in the paint and plastic .. Sorry man that's your best bet..
Old 09-22-2013
Registered!!

awdcivic2 is an unknown quantity at this point

buffer or 1200 grit sand paper and wet sand. either could help, cant really hurt its already damaged.
Also another sugestion is if any highschools around your area have an autoshop they do cheap work like materials plus 15% or so, i was in one and after i banged up my back bumper with trailers i just took it off sanded it with 180 grit jb welded and got it back to no dents or anything and it only cost me like 25 bucks (but i was in the class the year previous) to have it primed and painted id say around 50 for a bumper to be painted is good (that is if you do the prep work.) if not your looking at like 150.
Im not sure what a shop would cost if youve already prepped it.

You can learn anything on google, id suggest just learning basic bodywork, its really quite simple, just tedious as crap.
Old 09-23-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

From my experience, high schools can do some of the brunt work where they have a step by step manual but dealing with paint is more finesse and time investing than a typical high school autos class can do.
Old 09-23-2013
Registered!!

awdcivic2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by got2run5
From my experience, high schools can do some of the brunt work where they have a step by step manual but dealing with paint is more finesse and time investing than a typical high school autos class can do.
Well i know at least in my autobody shop only the teacher painted, yeah you should probably ask that the teacher paint your bumper if you go that route, us students primed but that aint no biggie prime wet sand dry wipe off prime and done lol.
Yeah i couldnt say id put my car in a shop if students were working on it, many are very careless it made me mad and id say something to them, wonder if thats why my car got keyed in highschool, meh i dont care haha i never fixed my door just put touch up paint cause i knew i was gonna repaint from baby poo gold to white someday anyways... that day still hasnt come but soon cause i wanna sell my civic. And ill be painting it myself and can say it should be a good job should be same quality as a shop, just takes some know how and practice.