Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Interior advice, opinions and expertise is needed

Old 09-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMjosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior advice, opinions and expertise is needed

ok trying to get a general consensus here.

my wife got me cleaning wipes for the dash and windows from a bargain store for the EF Hatch we just got but, i dont like how it didnt clean at all or shine for that matter.

what do you guys personally use
or
whats best product out there to use?
Old 09-22-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Interior advice, opinions and expertise is needed

Meguires Quik Interior Detailer is what i use, cleans well, doesn't leave a greasy shine, cuts glare on the windshield and smells good
Old 09-28-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

geez, I thought people would have been all over this thread. I'm not really any kind of pro detailer but I used to use Amour All for the plastics on my car. When I bought the Civic I did a bunch of research and apparently Amour All will crack the plastic (dash) supposedly. Now, I'm somewhat skeptical about that since I've used it for many many years on other vehicles and never had any issues with it. I've been using Autoglym products for the interior since I got the Civic a couple years ago and I've been quite happy with them.

I just saw recently that vinegar/water is best for the windows but if you don't like the smell of vinegar then use Windex or something like that. Just be careful with ammonia products because if you get it on the plastics it'll mess them up.
Old 09-28-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I use a damp rag to clean off my dash, a little bit of some random cleaner for any spots.. For my windows, I use any ammonia-free glass cleaner I have laying around
Old 09-29-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Invisible glass is great for windows
Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

dabrybry is an unknown quantity at this point

Best thing to do would be to swing buy a local dealerships detail department and see if they'll sell you anything or hook you up with the number to their supplier. The best stuff I've ever used to clean Interior pieces is an organic citrus cleaner for "Showcar" or "production". Those are two very common suppliers. Other than that, "Liquid Cow" is a TERRIFIC cleaner AND conditioner.

Experience - professional detail for many years Pm me if you have any other questions
Old 04-18-2014
Registered!!

Ghettochild2600 is an unknown quantity at this point

303 Aerospace Protectant. Hands down the best cleaner I have ever used. Leaves behind a beautiful matte finish that is not greasy, shiny or oily, and provides excellent UV protection for vinyl, leather, rubber and plastic surfaces.
Old 10-17-2014
Former Sponsor

Brandon@fattysmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point

I use Turtle Wax interior cleaner. Works great with cleaning and doesn't leave an oil film everywhere.
Old 11-20-2014
Registered!!

Greenmonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely Meguires, always remember you get what you pay for.
Old 11-22-2015
Registered!!

Nick Sly is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a spray bottle of armor all and a slip-on hand rag for the dash and other interior parts. The armor all bottle I have has febreeze in it so it leaves my civic smelling super good. As far as windows go, I learned a very good trick from surprisingly my grandma. She has multiple sclerosis so everything in her life is unscented and chemical free. She uses newspaper to clean the glass. Just rub the crap out of the window and it will clean the dirt and leave the glass virtually streak free.