Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Edmonton Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Edmonton Service

Newbie . . . owner of 2K1 LX-G Civic sedan. Another thread discusses problems, well, way too many fit/finish issues esp. with interior. Vehicle now has 27K and has been in 11 times for warranty work. Still handful of major rattles, driver's seat prob, trunk/fuel latch. Christ! Pisses me off just typing this down. Live a couple of hours outside of Edmonton.

Looking for advice on Honda service in Edmonton. Obviously, bulk of concerns are warranty work. Shaky relationship with current dealer (Yellowhead).

Thanks for any and all.
Old 04-07-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Alberta Honda is my favorite. Lowest prices. almost no lineup (I called yellowhead once, and they wanted three weeks just to put my car on a hoist and see what was wrong, so i could order parts).
Old 04-08-2002
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
AHHH I HATE YELLOWHEAD.....Damn native names....well ahhhh I went there...and that was where the f#cker quoted me $2400 for the OEM kit for my sedan... He must have thought I was a naive customer that knows nothing about my car.....but like wtf....sooo mad.....and well look that place....can you say ghetto......

The best place to go is Millwoods Honda...cuz well it is sweet....crazy good service...and amazingly fast techs...like 15min tops for oil changes...but so far...I have had problems in getting my 2 front struts (that are blown) for like 2 weeks now....sooo Alberta or Millwoods is the best....but Yellowhead can eat my [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Alberta honda's labour costs like half as much as millwoods as far as I can tell. I dislike Millwoods myself, although it is a nice dealer.
Old 04-08-2002
President

dret is an unknown quantity at this point
i like alberta honda the best... nice ppl with low costs..

Millwoods honda's dealers are A$$holes but there serivice ppl were nice to me so
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

yeloguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yellowhead ain't the fastest but when they work on your car its done really nice. Does the other dealerships have that package where you pay like 300 dollars and you can have all the oil changes you want for life???? Just wondering cause i got that at yellowhead.
Old 04-10-2002
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
I find Millwoods Honda pretty good, I do not really like Alberta Honda too much.
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

I just find that Alberta honda charges like half as much as Millwoods for service. And they were really nice to me. And they charged considerably less than what they quoted.
Old 04-10-2002
President

dret is an unknown quantity at this point
yeloguy: did you get the oil change card when you purchases your car? cause i want it now...
i heard blown got his card for $200 (maybe i'm wrong)

i like alberta honda's service. last month i had to take my car in to get my bumper guard thing replaced.. he quoted me $35 bucks... but he said that he wouldn't charge me.. nice ppl
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Blown is an unknown quantity at this point
Alfonso - can you list all the problems you have with your LX? I have a LX with 29K on it and I'm ready to take it in for all of the rattles. So far, my rear deck rattles, my rear quarter windows rattle, I have a rattle in my dash and I think one of my front struts are blown.

AsianPride - how can you tell you front struts are gone? I have unbelievable wheel hop now when I accelerate and my left tire bounces when I turn.

I did get my oil change card for $200. They had a whole bunch cards with the printed price being $200. After they sold all the old ones, the new ones had a printed price of $300.

I never owned a honda before, so, I don't know where to get good service from. I might have to find a different place to go to if Yellowhead is **** about my CAI and my magnaflow exhaust. If they are, I'm thinking of heading to Morinville Honda then Alberta Honda.
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Constant problems (ie > 1 trip in for repair): dashboard/pillar/post rattles (acknowledged by Honda in service bulletin . . . still rattling), seatbelt adjustment slider (3 stabs at it from Yellowhead . . . still rattles), rattles front/rear within upper interior doors (some work done to date, some work pending . . . parts on order . . . very perplexing to myself and Honda), drivers seat loose (Yellowhead's excuse of being short of service tech's 1.5 weeks ago, couldn't finish the job that day . . . . oh yeah, 450 km round trip for me to bring in for service), fuel door/trunk cable stretched (indeterminant backorder status . . . 1 week . . . 2 weeks . . . 2 months quoted), front door misalignment ("best we can do" is current status)

Problems solved: rattle in lower doors (loose speakers), rattle along rear shelf (loose speakers and latching ***'y), fuel pump recall, rear power window failure (connect loose), evap bypass control solenoid valve, sticking overhead map lights (ackowledged by Honda in service bulletin)

Problems in limbo: during recent long journey (12 hour stints of driving at cruise/day) strong fuel smell at early morning startup (haven't duplicated since back to normal driving schedule), rougher tranny shifts (auto) after long hauls . . . . no problems once cooled down . . . this one was kind of scary since it would surge ahead a few inches passing through neutral . . . can't duplicate this one either since return . . . maybe just the eastern atmosphere.

So there you have it Blown. Sounds like alot of whining from me . . . I suppose so. Perhaps my biggest complaint is the constant smorg of rattles. Goddam symphony is never ending. I just completed an 8000 km round trip to Niagara region. No mechanical problems and smooth, trouble free ride (except for manually pulling the fuel door latch via the trunk at each fill up), but the rattles . . . incessant. That, my friend, was a pain-in-the-***.
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

Snoopchau is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I agree that Yellowhead is not the greatest either. I like Alberta Honda the best. One of my female friends went to Millwoods honda and the salesman tried to take her to the cleaners cause she was a women

He tried telling her that all these standard features were options and added them on the overall cost. Must have failed to realize that just cause she was a girl does not mean she knows nothing about cars or can not read for that matter.

Cause she showed him the brochure and website and explained that the little "S" beside each item meant Standard and the little "O" beside each item meant Optional.

Bottom line is there are losers everywhere, just make sure you are dealing with a good person and your experience should be gravy. More important than the dealership is the person you get to see! After all that is who decides to cut you some slack or go that extra mile [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

Chames is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, agreed, but yellowhead honda is the worst that i've seen [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
i got my 2K1 civic from there, and there were some problems with the dash and driver side window, they take forever, and they're priks, i hate the guys at yellowhead honda
Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

johnf321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beware of Millwoods Honda

Don't buy a car in Millwoods Honda. The salesman I dealt with is not honest, and the company tries to scam you!

I remember the salesman was very helpful when I was in the process of buying the car. Two days later when I have a question about the Honda Financing, he turns 180 and was extremely rude and simply stated that his time was wasted doing unnecessary things for me.

Recently, I try to get my refund for my Honda plus extended warranty because I haven't used this warranty I purchase from this dealership. It was $1000 and the sale person said the money will be returned back to me as long as I don't use the refund certificate.

This dealership made excuses not to return money back to me. They said they have given me a "refund certificate", which I haven't received and inform me that I can only get the refund up to one month after the five years I purchased the vehicle and not anytime after that. They said it was in the refund certificate, but again how could I know if they didn't give it to me?

These people are here to cheat you and your money. They will throw every single option at you when you purchase a car and don't keep their promise. A friend of mine also have problems with this dealership. Buy your car elsewhere!!
Old 02-11-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beware of Millwoods Honda

Originally Posted by johnf321
Don't buy a car in Millwoods Honda. The salesman I dealt with is not honest, and the company tries to scam you!

I remember the salesman was very helpful when I was in the process of buying the car. Two days later when I have a question about the Honda Financing, he turns 180 and was extremely rude and simply stated that his time was wasted doing unnecessary things for me.

Recently, I try to get my refund for my Honda plus extended warranty because I haven't used this warranty I purchase from this dealership. It was $1000 and the sale person said the money will be returned back to me as long as I don't use the refund certificate.

This dealership made excuses not to return money back to me. They said they have given me a "refund certificate", which I haven't received and inform me that I can only get the refund up to one month after the five years I purchased the vehicle and not anytime after that. They said it was in the refund certificate, but again how could I know if they didn't give it to me?

These people are here to cheat you and your money. They will throw every single option at you when you purchase a car and don't keep their promise. A friend of mine also have problems with this dealership. Buy your car elsewhere!!
Small Claims court.