Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

G2 road test...(need some advice)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jason_wu is an unknown quantity at this point
G2 road test...(need some advice)

i'm taking my G2 road test later this week. i've been driving for almost two years now with my G2. i've reviewed my drivers handbook and feel confident about passing the test.

from what i heard, the test is supposed to be 35 minutes long and deals mainly with the highway. is this true? what i mean is, do the driving intstructors have any sneaky tricks up their sleeves like making you do stuff you already learned on your G1 test?
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
make sure u check ur blind spot when u make a left turn.
Old 12-15-2003
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
U mean ur G test?? one tip for u.. drive safely
Old 12-16-2003
i want a baby hummer :)

babychai is an unknown quantity at this point
make your mirror check VERY OBVIOUS..

stop sign: complete stop. bob your head left. bob middle. bob right. bob middle. GO! (if it's clear and it's your turn)

blind spot: make it obvious.

the test is just go to highway. merge. make 1 lane change left. make 1 lane change right. get off the highway. find side street to make emergency stop/3 point turn/parallel parking. go back to DMV and front in. that's it!!

drive speed limit - 5km/h.

good luck!
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

SedanBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
if you're taking your test during heavy traffic times, make sure it's safe to change lanes on the highway. i had my test during rush hour and when i was asked to change lanes, there was no opportunity and when i told the tester that it wasn't safe, he actually said he would have failed me if i forced a lane change and not acknowledged it being unsafe.

other than that, do everything babychai suggested and you should be good to go.

good luck!
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by babychai
make your mirror check VERY OBVIOUS..

stop sign: complete stop. bob your head left. bob middle. bob right. bob middle. GO! (if it's clear and it's your turn)

blind spot: make it obvious.

the test is just go to highway. merge. make 1 lane change left. make 1 lane change right. get off the highway. find side street to make emergency stop/3 point turn/parallel parking. go back to DMV and front in. that's it!!

drive speed limit - 5km/h.

good luck!

exactly what she said... except that i did my emergency stop, 3 point turn first. i didnt do a parallel park though. then went on the highway.... one lane change to the middle.. and back to the right lane.. got off. went back on the other direction of the highway... then went back.

i did a lot of blind spot checks while iw as on the highway... but supposedly i didnt do enough, i checked like every ten seconds... but i guess i didnt make it OBVIOUS... i mean, i just turn my EYEBALLS.. how hard is that... hahha. but the guy still passed me. so s'all good for me. this was like three ago

my test was the one at VP and lawrence. when i went on the highway.. i went south to wynford dr. and back up north to lawrence. that was sooooo easy. 'cause when you go back up north, once you exit the wynford on-ramp... 50meters later, you're at the lawrence east exit.

g'luck.

edit: oh ya... when i was on the on-ramp going on to dvp south from lawrence... well, you know how the on-ramp speeds are like 20 - 30km/h ... i went that exact speed limit.. and usually, everybody goes faster then the speed limit... me as an example, well... when i was going at the speed limit, there was like SIX cars behind me.. haha, basically telliing me to hurry the f u c k up... hahhaa.

so just make sure you go the speed limit even if there are a whole lotta cars behind you.. i wsa tempted to speed up.. but i just somehow said f u c k it.. im not gonna fail. haha

Last edited by AznSaint; 12-16-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-16-2003
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
i took mine, with my sister's car cuz for sure u will fail if u drive a modified car to the test. i think the easiest place for the road test is morningside.. the only messed up thing is that i had to do parallel parking. >,<
oh yeah .. always be courtious to the tester... i think thats how i pass
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
What he said

Maybe because he was scared of my driving, not sure, but I told him that I could not safely perform a lane change on the highway (at a particular point), and he said that's fine. Just like any other person, these guys want to LIVE at the end of a test

I also had to the the usual parallel parking, 3 point turn, emergency parking (emergency brake, turn wheels towards sidewalk), and stop sign full stop.

And if there are any crosswalks where you're driving, remember to swing your head a big *** swing left and right, and cover brakes just before you pass the sidewalk.

I remember I was driving my G1 I believe... I was driving along a street, and all of a sudden, the tester goes "Sir, you are driving 40km/h in a 60km/h zone! You are impeding traffic, you are blocking drivers behind you!" I looked in my rearview mirror, and there were absolutely no cars. Needless to say, I didn't argue

Originally posted by SedanBoy
if you're taking your test during heavy traffic times, make sure it's safe to change lanes on the highway. i had my test during rush hour and when i was asked to change lanes, there was no opportunity and when i told the tester that it wasn't safe, he actually said he would have failed me if i forced a lane change and not acknowledged it being unsafe.

other than that, do everything babychai suggested and you should be good to go.

good luck!
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

jason_wu is an unknown quantity at this point
they'll fail you if you use a modified car?!! i have a big exhaust and euro tail lights, my rims are off. i hope they don't fail me just for that.

you guys have been a big help. i will let you guys know if i passed or not on friday, thanks.
Old 12-16-2003
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
well... one my buddies said that they will not get in the car, cuz they do check your car before they got on. sides, why would u want the tester to be biased against ya?. ... hehe
oh yea i had to 3 point turn, lane change on the highway, left and right turns (d'uh).. thats pretty much it.. i thought i failed the test cuz i did some messed up parallel parking.. but i asked if i could re do it.. but the tester said i did not have to and that she will let it slide this one time. ( i was like wtf?... wickkkkeeddd)
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

txtadik is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't do parking at all besides the parking back at the testing centre good thing no parallel pking coz i suck at that haha!

guess what, i used my 7thgen with 30/25 tint, grill, big colorful mp3 deck, a noisy K&N FIPKII (reved the engine to 6k while merging on the highway hehe), and to top it off the fresh scent of febreeze! woot!... good thing the big scary russian dude didn't say anything about that... i passed!!! woohooo! this was at Etobicoke by the way... my insurance went down from 360/month to 270/month after getting my G and driver's ed certificate ... further going down to 190/month when i show them my B+ average hehe (yep, i'm a geek )
Old 12-16-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by txtadik
Didn't do parking at all besides the parking back at the testing centre good thing no parallel pking coz i suck at that haha!

guess what, i used my 7thgen with 30/25 tint, grill, big colorful mp3 deck, a noisy K&N FIPKII (reved the engine to 6k while merging on the highway hehe), and to top it off the fresh scent of febreeze! woot!... good thing the big scary russian dude didn't say anything about that... i passed!!! woohooo! this was at Etobicoke by the way... my insurance went down from 360/month to 270/month after getting my G and driver's ed certificate ... further going down to 190/month when i show them my B+ average hehe (yep, i'm a geek )

b+ avg? .. from driving school? they actually gr. you in driving school?
i went to one back in the old days.... when you didnt have to go to the in class sessions and they'll just give you a certificate anyways. hahahhaha

and like boohahaha said, i thought i failed as well, 'cause all i kept seeing out of the corner of my right eye was the guy marking away on his piece of paper, for sure i thought i failed. haha.
.. oh ya, i got some chinese guy that tested me.
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by AznSaint
b+ avg? .. from driving school? they actually gr. you in driving school?
i went to one back in the old days.... when you didnt have to go to the in class sessions and they'll just give you a certificate anyways. hahahhaha

and like boohahaha said, i thought i failed as well, 'cause all i kept seeing out of the corner of my right eye was the guy marking away on his piece of paper, for sure i thought i failed. haha.
.. oh ya, i got some chinese guy that tested me.
yep, B+ average... and nope, not from driving school (it's either pass or fail)... it's my university average lol, those in-class sessions were soooooooooooooooooooo boooooring!

same here! the big russian examiner shouted at me on several occasions like turning left and right too slowly and driving 60 in a 70 zone... hey i usually drive 85 in these zones but my whole body turned into jello coz of his booming voice
Old 12-17-2003
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
what is the g test
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

yep, B+ average... and nope, not from driving school (it's either pass or fail)... it's my university average lol, those in-class sessions were soooooooooooooooooooo boooooring!

same here! the big russian examiner shouted at me on several occasions like turning left and right too slowly and driving 60 in a 70 zone... hey i usually drive 85 in these zones but my whole body turned into jello coz of his booming voice

you mean your insurance can go down if your grades are good in university!???

what about college? hahah
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Blue_Honda_Civ
what is the g test
it the process of ppl in Ontario, Canada in getting their full driver's license.

G = full driver's license
Old 12-17-2003
i want a baby hummer :)

babychai is an unknown quantity at this point
state farm offers a good student discount...
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

true true! insurance is going down from 260/month to 190/month and i'm only 21!!!! woohooo! statefarm rox!
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

true true! insurance is going down from 260/month to 190/month and i'm only 21!!!! woohooo! statefarm rox!
do you have a clean record??
are you primary driver.. ? or secondary.... ?
how many km's did you tell them that you supposedly drive?

im curious that's the hella cheap and i wish i can get those quotes... haha =/
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

clean clean record 6years no accidents/tickets/not even parking tickets lol...

secondary, 40km/day, driver's ed, G, B+/A- university average... really low coz my whole family is on statefarm (3cars ), so there's a huge multi-car happy family discount lol
Old 12-19-2003
Registered!!

lucky ba st urd
Old 05-20-2008
Registered!!

peruana is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: G2 road test...(need some advice)

Did somebody get test G road test in Aurora? Do you remember what is the route? Thanks very much in advance.
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

SiG-03-Civic/J is an unknown quantity at this point

Im Paying 260 At CAA and iam the primary driver. CAA is much better the statefarm considering all the services they provide.
Old 05-26-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

i paid 150 2way cloverage wit belair direct- primary driver
wit Full G license,