Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Stolen parts...grrrr....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Stolen parts...grrrr....

Hey guys, I hope you can help me out with this. I am the Ontario admin and rep for ClubEL - obviously a club dedicated to Acura EL's, though we do have many non-EL drivers in our ranks. Last night I had to ban two members who were dealing in stolen parts; specifically they were dealing in stolen Acura EL parts. Thing is I know how easily 1.6 and 1.7EL front ends can be swapped onto 6th-and-7th-gen Civics respectively, and I'm worried that even though they are no longer part of ClubEL, they may be continuing their activities and going to other car clubs/forums to peddle their wares. So those of you who are on this board and others, if you happen to come across anyone selling what seems to be a disproportionately large number of Acura EL parts, please let me know.
This overdue vigilance as of late is because I was informed of these stolen parts dealings last night, a few weeks after the first of several thefts/break-ins on other members' rides within my club. Of course I cannot physically link a set of parts to a gutted car, especially since the cars are in the process of being restored and the parts are long gone. But this sort of thing bothers me to no end, I actually got no sleep last night, thinking "what if they read my profile on ClubEL and if they spot my car what will they do?" So please, help me stop the violation of Acura EL's in the GTA, and let me know if you hear of any hot (or even slightly warm) EL stuff for sale. Thanks guys!

Last edited by TeLLy; 11-10-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
SON... OF....A.... BEEYATCH.

I'm pretty sure the 6th gen front ends + hood, and 6th/7th gen trunk lids are the most prized possessions that these thieves would be peddling... They're the most recognizable parts of the EL, and would surely look sweet molded onto a Civic....

Thank goodness no punk would want my car; I've got more bird shiet and scratches on my car than a 10 year old rental car.
Old 11-10-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I can guarantee if I catch anyone fuqqin with my car, police charges are the last thing they will have to worry about.
Old 11-10-2003
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Good work Will, post this in as many places as you can to get the word out. Have you posted anything on TCC? Reason I ask is that one of the people banned from clubEL is on there and has been for quite some time.
Old 11-10-2003
Registered!!

SedanBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
grr.... this sheit really pisses me off.....
if i ever catch anyone doing anything to my car, they're in for a big surprise.....
Old 11-10-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Originally posted by EL-Sport
Good work Will, post this in as many places as you can to get the word out. Have you posted anything on TCC? Reason I ask is that one of the people banned from clubEL is on there and has been for quite some time.
Hi Mark, sorry I'm not a member of TCC (I'm on like a dozen boards as it is). Could you kindly post on my behalf there? Just copy and paste my message above (that's what I've been doing). Thanks so much.
Old 11-10-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll post on the Yahoo AcuraEL newsgroup. Though, the guys on there are usually honest people that have no clue about cars that much..... Not to say they're stupid, most of them are not the kind to buy parts from anyone other than the dealer... like me

Originally posted by TeLLy
Hi Mark, sorry I'm not a member of TCC (I'm on like a dozen boards as it is). Could you kindly post on my behalf there? Just copy and paste my message above (that's what I've been doing). Thanks so much.
Old 11-10-2003
Registered!!

Sunapollo is an unknown quantity at this point
You shouldnt ban them Telly ... u should pretend you are interested and set up a trap with other EL members !! I am sure many people will help ...
Old 11-11-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

I know where both of them live and frankly I don't want to start any vigilante action with them. However, one of them threatened to "ruin" the life of another member of ours for exposing him, and if that should escalate, then a ClubEL beatdown meet may be necessary.
Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

Sunapollo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TeLLy
However, one of them threatened to "ruin" the life of another member of ours for exposing him
What color are they ? yellow ? white ? black ? green ?? where do they live btw ?? just a head up for the people who live around that area thanks!
Old 11-11-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Area is Ellesmere and Meadowvale - that's where the guy is at, although I'm sure he's smart enough to know you don't **** where you eat.
He's also a member of TCC, under username Team Rukus or something like that.
Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
I posted it up on TCC.

I also noticed the info has been posted on www.clubsi.com (Ontario forum).
Old 11-11-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Excellent. I hope this guy gets busted HARD.
Old 11-18-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Narc is an unknown quantity at this point
If you need any advice Telly...........