General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makari is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

I recently purchased a 2003 accord coupe lx, hubcaps come standard on the lx, so i ordered 16'' alloy wheels from the list of honda's accessories. They were included in the overall price of the car, so i'm not sure exactly how much they charged for me, but they retail around $900(these are the rims http://www.hondacars.com/images/2003...3263_large.jpg . The dealer told me that it would take a week for them to arrive, then i'd bring it in and they'd install them. Well, it took 3 weeks for them to come in, but went today to get them installed. I get a phone call later today saying that they can't put them on because my wheels with the hubcaps are 15'' and these rims are for 16'' wheels, so if i want to put them on, i'd have to buy a set of tires that fit 16'' rims for around $500. They say there was a mixup when it came to the purchase, but the tires weren't included (which i think is really dumb, and they shoudl have said something). The specific salesman who did the deal with us wasn't in today, so I will have to talk to him on monday, but i'm wondering what I should do. I'm a newb to car/tire/rim buying, so the question is....should i have to pay for the tires? am i getting ripped off? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-20-2003
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
*edit* i didnt see that u had the accord

but $900 seems right for honda rims, u should ask what kinda tires u can get, then get NICE tires and pay them if the tires, and rims are under 1200
Old 06-20-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
your not getting ripped seeings how the Honda RIMS cost a fortune from the delaer but i do think there should be some compromise since it was Honda that screwed up on the purchase.
Old 06-20-2003

horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
damn sales people... they are the part of the dealer ship i could do with out. The price of the tires should have been included. It's not your fault he f**ked the sale. If they keep your original tires and wheels i dont see why they dont just give you a set of tires for free. If they are unwilling try to take the cost of the tires and split it with them.... thats just my 2 cents
Old 06-20-2003
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i say you play the "really bad customer service" bit and say that its their fault for being so stupid and not being able to figure out that you might need tires w/ rims.

at least try to get the tires at half price of what theyre telling you you have to pay. thats redonculous. if they dont budge, just tell them youll take the wheels and take them to firestone and get your own tires. see what they say to that. either they get 250 or nothing. id pay more to screw them over like they screw you over. haha

honestly, youd probably get better tires at firestone anyways. bridgestone potenzas.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-21-2003
Registered!!

Amplify is an unknown quantity at this point
If they keep your original tires and wheels i dont see why they dont just give you a set of tires for free.
It's only logical that they do that. They can't send you home with no tires when you gave them yours.
Old 06-21-2003

horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
Please let us know how this turns out...if they screw you over, you screw them over. Post their dealership name and location. An eye for a eye.