General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Considering selling my Ford for a Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epsicle is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering selling my Ford for a Civic

I currently drive a 1994 Ford Ranger Supercab with a 4.0, auto tranny, auto 4x4, and A/C. When I bought her in 2014 she was so dead she couldn't break 40mph so I brought her back to life with my own two hands. This truck is my baby but as much as I hate to say it, I don't need a truck anymore. My truck gets about 17mpg right now but used to get 21mpg before an O2 sensor went bad. I'm looking at getting a Honda Civic because the milage is great, I'm torn between the hatchback or the sedan. I like the idea of four doors on the sedan, but it seems like your mpg is a ton higher in the hatchback. I also like the hatchback because it seems like you have way more storage space, especially if you remove the seats, which is a big plus for me since my truck gives me tons of space. Anyway, I have some questions.

1. What are the problem years? I like fixing cars but parts are expensive so I'd rather not spend more than I need to.

2. What year did they start adding a lot of electronically controlled engines and transmissions? How hard are they to deal with from a repair perspective?

3. What are the typical engine/tranny problems?

4. Where are the typical rust spots? I've seen a lot on the wheel wells of Civic Sedans, but which body mounts and crossmembers should I check when I'm with a seller?

5. I am 6'1", will I fit comfortably?

I look forward to hearing from you guys! I'm on a forum for Fords and enjoy kicking around ideas with the members there, and look forward to doing that after I buy my Civic! I would like to sell my truck by Christmas and buy a Civic shortly after that.