General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2016 nsx

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
2016 nsx

I'm surprised nobody has been talking about the NSX being released again after 10 years. They were talking about it on the first episode of UK Top Gear a few weeks ago....hybrid...$150 000...and apparently they burn really good going around the Nurburgring.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...g-ring-testing

Old 02-16-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2016 nsx

Yeah, it's purdy but it's for them rich folk. You know, the ones who drive Accords, not Civics
Old 02-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stock 99
I'm surprised nobody has been talking about the NSX being released again after 10 years. They were talking about it on the first episode of UK Top Gear a few weeks ago....hybrid...$150 000...and apparently they burn really good going around the Nurburgring.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...g-ring-testing

If i'm still single and or don't have any kids in the next few years i'm seriously considering one of these or the new FT-1. It will be the poor mans 458. It's not going to be cheap though. That being granted i'd prob rather buy a house or condo. A car is always a shitty investment, but if i have the expendable cash in a few years who knows...
Old 02-16-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

This NSX is going to be a huge fail just like the last time they made them. In a few years you'll probably be able to pick one up for 1/3 of new. Honda either doesn't learn or just doesn't care people aren't going to buy it. If you seriously going to drop $150 000 on a car it's not going to be a Honda. 'Hey, baby want to go for a ride in my Honda'...yeah that's going nowhere. $150 000 is Austin Martin money....'Hey, baby want to go for a ride in my DB9?' yeah...that's it.

I noticed they were calling it the Acura NSX and I don't think they were the first time it was in production. Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes and BMW are also making way more bad *** hybirds in this price range as well....the NSX fails at every turn.

although I think it burns better than the latest Porsche.
Old 02-17-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

did not look at it too much, but the s2k next gen, if it ever becomes true, would be interesting.

will sell less than miatas, though...
Old 02-17-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Honda is planning on making earth shattering sales with the NSX. Car collectors and enthusiasts with a lot of money will buy it. Part of what made the earlier gen so great was that it was an everyday supercar. You could sit in traffic and it wouldnt over heat. Nowadays that is more difficult to do since there are more super cars that are better for everyday use.
Old 02-17-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GolNat
You could sit in traffic and it wouldnt over heat.
if the 7th gen does not overheat than the NSX should not either
Old 02-17-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Lol, the 7th gen is not the best example of Honda's finest.
Old 02-17-2015

The Japanese should just give up on making supercars all together....they're not good at it. Toyota LFA, again $300 000 for a Celica...umm what? Nissan GTR which everybody who's driven one says they are great but they have no soul.

I'm not sure if that counts as overheating or not

Old 02-18-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

LOL, stock 99
Old 02-18-2015
Prelude Owner

Nissan GTR which everybody who's driven one says they are great but they have no soul.
The Italians do that the best supposedly. I have yet to drive an Italian car but I would like to feel it.

Lmao.
Old 02-20-2015
Registered!!

This NSX is going to be a huge fail just like the last time they made them. In a few years you'll probably be able to pick one up for 1/3 of new. Honda either doesn't learn or just doesn't care people aren't going to buy it. If you seriously going to drop $150 000 on a car it's not going to be a Honda. 'Hey, baby want to go for a ride in my Honda'...yeah that's going nowhere. $150 000 is Austin Martin money....'Hey, baby want to go for a ride in my DB9?' yeah...that's it.

I noticed they were calling it the Acura NSX and I don't think they were the first time it was in production. Porsche, McLaren, Mercedes and BMW are also making way more bad *** hybirds in this price range as well....the NSX fails at every turn.

although I think it burns better than the latest Porsche.
It's not a high production car? You can't really call it a fail. It was just meant as a flagship. It destroyed the 358 at the time. I'm pretty sure they are going to lose money on everyone they sell. It's just meant to show what Honda engineering can do. Same with the GTR, "soulless" or not it's a 1/3 of the price of any other super car and can outperform most.
Old 02-21-2015

Hmmm...I don't actually really have any strong feelings about the NSX or super cars in general...just basically trying to open a conversation on the NSX. I'm personally probably never going to own/drive one anyway. Mainly because if I had sick cash like that I probably couldn't bring myself to spend it on a car.

It would have been nice if Honda made another 6th gen type Civic as a flagship car though. After all isn't the Civic really their iconic model? Something that maybe more average people could afford. Why take a car that has been out of production for years to revisited it again? Why not start on a totally new platform?

Lots of people say Ferraris are 'souless' as well...laptops that take the driver completely out of the equation. The thing that's different about Ferarri is heritage...a long rich racing/car/supercar history that comes with the name.
Old 02-22-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

The fit is the new 6th gen civic
Old 02-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

why can't they make another blue collar NSX like the original one or at least put it in GTR territory ???.
Old 02-22-2015

The fit is the new 6th gen civic
I really don't know much about the Fit. Being someone who drove the original Honda Civic hatchbacks ('78 '79) that made the Civic so popular I never understood why they rebranded the HB as the Fit. Maybe because it looks not so good? IDK?

I was thinking along the line of more premium suspension and highly moddable. With the 6th gen comment.

Originally Posted by lowlife9
why can't they make another blue collar NSX like the original one or at least put it in GTR territory ???.
I was pretty interested in the new NSX until I heard the price. I think for that money they should have started a completely new platform.
Old 02-23-2015
Prelude Owner

I like fits. That will probably be my next Honda purchase. They are fun to drive, economical, practical and a little odd looking.

I have yet to test drive one but the reviews I have read have been great. They also have a good aftermarket following. Suspension mods, engine mods (superchargers), fog lights etc.
Old 02-23-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I have yet to test drive one but the reviews I have read have been great.
Yeah, Motor Trend just put it at their #10 spot for Car of the Year!
Old 02-23-2015

Somebody recently told me they have more interior space than a new Ford Explorer as well. I don't know, I'm really not into the 'style' of most new cars. I hated the newer gens of the Civic for a long time but they are finally starting to grow on me. Something about a 4 door HB is odd to me though...practical or not it looks wierd.
Old 02-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Somebody recently told me they have more interior space than a new Ford Explorer as well.
They do.

I hated the newer gens of the Civic for a long time but they are finally starting to grow on me..
Same for me too. I was so used to the older ones that the new ones I wasn't to sure about. The Fit grew on me too.

Originally Posted by Poopies
Yeah, Motor Trend just put it at their #10 spot for Car of the Year!
Made Car and Driver 10 best also.

Old 02-23-2015

The Fit answer to Lambo doors.

Old 02-24-2015
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the new gen fits don't look as good as the previous gen plus the older models took a price drop since they don't pass the small overlap crash test.
Old 02-24-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

The Fit answer to Lambo doors.

[img]http://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10006/asdimage002.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10006/asdimage004.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10006/asdimage005.jpg[/img
lol!
Old 03-04-2015
Registered!!

tomas6791 is an unknown quantity at this point

More Live pictures of the new NSX from Geneva 2015

I am so glad they went with these wheels, the concept wheels where a fail.

19 pictures and video in the gallery

Old 03-04-2015
Registered!!

i really can't see alot of people buying this car especially compared with the other cars in its price bracket. didn't the current honda ceo step down from lack of sales or maybe he committet seppuku.
Old 03-04-2015

It looks angry...question is....is it angry about being a Honda...or is it angry about being so overpriced.
Old 03-06-2015
Registered!!

i think its mad because the only person that bought one was a fictional marvel character. its funny because the one tony stark bought was actually a 1991 nsx modified to look like the new one.
Old 03-10-2015
Registered!!

They do.

Same for me too. I was so used to the older ones that the new ones I wasn't to sure about. The Fit grew on me too.

Made Car and Driver 10 best also.

The only major downfall of the fit vs the civic is road noise. The latest gen did add some sound deadening, but the first gen fit is terrible when it comes to that. You can barely hear yourself think. It's as unbearable as a droning exhaust. They drive REALLY well though.
Old 03-10-2015
Registered!!

all civics have added road noise because there economy cars and road noise was not a high priority.
Old 03-12-2015
Prelude Owner

I'm not to concerned with road noise, 7th gen isn't the best at it. Another bonus to the fit is that my SS7's will fit.

Did you hear about what the Type R beat at the ring?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...t-around-the-n

Quick Reply: 2016 nsx