General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Need new car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonel Panik is an unknown quantity at this point
Need new car

The 03 Civic has 255,xxx miles, wife wants a new car.
How does the Fit seem to y'all?
Old 08-26-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need new car

Each generation looks better then last but.....not sure I would like the smaller size.

But, have never tried on out. Have you ??

There were rumors of an suv based on Fit, but will likely never reach states..
Old 08-26-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

The Fit would be my choice. It's actually pretty roomy inside for being such a small car.

My wife didn't like the Fit though so she went with a Mazda 3 Hatch.
Old 08-26-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Go drive a couple of them.
Old 08-26-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

it's well reviewed. I bet the trunk have more space than my civic...
Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

The Fit is like the old Civics in that it looks bigger on the inside than on the outside. Just remember that a 5-star crash rating in a sub-compact isn't nearly the same as the same rating in bigger vehicles. If you're looking for MPGs and price then the Fit is a good choice, you can get top of the line for $25K-ish new. If you're looking for comfort and space then try an Odyssey but, they run from $25K-40K new. If you don't like that price point then find one that's a couple of years old.

All that being said, go test drive to see what you like.

PS: How much do you want for the Civic?
Old 08-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
it's well reviewed. I bet the trunk have more space than my civic...
It doesn't seem to have as much space as my old 4th gen but, it's pretty spacious for the size.
Old 08-27-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

true, i had the CRX in mind when i typed that...
Old 08-27-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

14' Ford Explorer = 43.8 cu.ft. interior cargo volume w/seats folded

Honda Fit = 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space seats folded

Pretty good IMO!