General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

car with front end damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NewGuy36 is an unknown quantity at this point
car with front end damage

Soooo, I'm looking to buy a honda civic to start my project with so I'm browsing the web for "cheap" cars and came across one for 400 but has front end damage from a collision. now from pics it doesn't look too bad but then again i'd still have to look in person. I'm wondering what are some things i may want to look for as far as engine damage. the engine as the ad states has 100k on it. any thoughts?
Old 07-10-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: car with front end damage

Was it inspected by your state? If it has a bent frame and is deemed unsafe by the inspection then there is no way you would be able to insure it.
Old 07-10-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Unless your looking for a track car that you trailer then it may not pass inspection. Might be good as a parts car!
Old 07-11-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

track car! why not demolition derby ???
Old 10-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
psychotropic28 will become famous soon enoughpsychotropic28 will become famous soon enough

what state you live in? in florida we dont really inspect very well. if your thinkin engine damage how hard was it hit? posting a pic will allow people to take a better stab at the worth. i know i had very little damage on a frontend of a seventh gen once and all the little parts past the bumper put it in the big dollar range to fix. these cars have crush zones that are engineered to break to help save your life. the downside is its a b***** to replace them all on a budget. so anything 01 and up you wont find many in the junk yards. at least not in fl.