General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Old 10-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
You told false information and then tried to call me out on it. So yes, you lied and now you are a hypocrite too.

That does seem quite high, what is that computer that you use? Maybe that is not very accurate? What have you done to improve your mileage if anything?
?!?

LOL!
Somebody need to get his facts right.
Not a single part of my statements are lies. Note that i did not remove any of them, it was missing information, and you assumed that I was at a lower speed, mistakenly so, due to the lack of accuracy on my post. Which i corrected.

I am afraid you are lying to yourself on what consists a lie. Missing information is not a lie. Again, get your facts right before you accuse people about what you are actually doing
Old 10-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
?!?

LOL!
Somebody need to get his facts right.
Not a single part of my statements are lies. Note that i did not remove any of them, it was missing information, and you assumed that I was at a lower speed, mistakenly so, due to the lack of accuracy on my post. Which i corrected.

I am afraid you are lying to yourself on what consists a lie. Missing information is not a lie. Again, get your facts right before you accuse people about what you are actually doing
Ok keep telling yourself that.
Old 10-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Fair warning. Name calling is frowned upon in any forums.

Do not name call anyone else anymore. As per forum rules.
Old 10-14-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Did you feel back in TN?
Actually, people routinely rode my *** and blew past me when I was going 80mph on I-24. I kinda miss that part now...

BTW, made it up to the mountains and back, no issues except that I ran out of windshield spray (blasting tailgaters with it was another trick I learned back in TN ). Boy, was I pleased when I saw this when I pulled in!

That's up and down mountains, A/C on, about 80mph for around 75% of the trip. No low fuel light in sight! Woo!

Also upgraded the rear turn signal bulbs to LED. Guess which one I did first. I'll post a mini-DIY shortly.
Old 10-14-2015
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Fair warning. Name calling is frowned upon in any forums.

Do not name call anyone else anymore. As per forum rules.
Ok, then I will just say, "person who does not tell the truth". Since I used "liar" in a literal sense, and I did not use it abusively, to belittle or humiliate you, I would not consider it name calling (per it's defenition). It is not like I called you a "poop face".

I called you a liar, which is true. Whether or not you want to accept the fact that you lied, is up to you.

Good day sir.
Old 10-14-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Member took a week long vacation and will be back feeling better.

back to the regular programming, sorry for the interruption.
Old 10-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star1967 will become famous soon enough

Having some of the electronics looked at. Since the lights on my aftermarket stereo failed to light up and suddenly last night started to work as if nothing was wrong. New pads and rotors soon.
Old 10-17-2015
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Bent a wheel last night. :-/ Still deciding on what to do after I get it repaired. Matte Black Powdercoat or Black Anodized.

Might pick up a set of CE28Ns, that I've been eyeballing. We'll see.
Old 10-19-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Finished my LED turn signal retrofit yesterday and the DIY today. You can follow my exploits here:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...nal-bulbs.html
Old 10-24-2015
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Had two sets of splitters & "skid plates" cut, at a local plastics manufacturer/distributor. Car is going to paint on Monday. Getting a ding fixed (passenger door full respray), new window trim, front splitters, bumper (center section) skid plate and rear spoiler installed.

Old 10-24-2015
Registered!!

tuvok is an unknown quantity at this point

today I installed my custom painted valve cover and dress bolts. ( I painted the cover myself ) and installed my carbon fiber dipped gauge bezel

Old 10-24-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tuvok
today I installed my custom painted valve cover and dress bolts. ( I painted the cover myself ) and installed my carbon fiber dipped gauge bezel
Looks good! You gonna do anything about that header?
Old 10-24-2015
Registered!!

tuvok is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a 4-2-1 header in the trunk. When I get it to my buddy's place and put it on the rack I'll be installing that and doing a major overhaul this isn't my daily so downtime not an issue
Old 11-02-2015
EM2ti

Picked up an interim set of wheels, while I get my TE37s repaired/powdercoated. 17x7.5 Rays Gram Lights 57Cs. Weight isn't too bad for a cast wheel, @ 16.6lbs. Bought some black Rays Valve Stems (not a fan of the red anodized stems that came with the wheels). These will probably be my dailies. Volks for shows/meets. Traklites for the track. Keeping an eye out for some CE28Ns for the track, also. They're a pound or so lighter than the TE37s.

Old 11-02-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuvok

Looks like it's time to clean the rest of the engine. That shiny valve cover sure does add some contrast!
Old 11-02-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I put my winter tires on today since it's supposed to start snowing this week. I bought LRR tires and alloy rims last spring that were the original spec of the car and identical to the winters (on steelies) I have. After 8 months of driving on them I have not seen any MPG gains vs rolling on winters all summer long. They are Nokian Entyre and aside from that they are really good tires and have been very pleased with their handling aspects (cornering and in the rain) and also very quiet in terms of road noise. If my primary goal was better MPG I would not look to buy LRR tires in the future.
Old 11-08-2015
EM2ti

Jet Hot Coated Dc Sports 4-2-1 Header, Denso O2 Sensors, Skid Plate and Splitters installed.

Old 11-08-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Nap making us all look bad again
Old 11-09-2015
EM2ti

LOL.
Old 11-13-2015
EM2ti

Roof Spoiler Installed.

Old 11-15-2015
Registered!!

Yesterday, I changed the manual trans oil, engine oil, air filter, fuel injector cleaner additive.

I looked for the exhaust rattle, nothing was broken or loose, so I tried bending the heat shield where it was contacting the frame a bit,, it tried bending the hangers out a little, still no luck, I think it might be the springs that connect the mid pipe to the muffler. I'll check next time.
Old 11-16-2015
Registered!!

Star1967 will become famous soon enough

I'm hunting down a steel header to replace the stock cast iron manifold that is cracked.
Old 11-16-2015
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

brags is an unknown quantity at this point

went for my emission test 10 minutes Later PASSED.. of course
what a waiste of money.
Old 11-18-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by brags
went for my emission test 10 minutes Later PASSED.. of course
what a waiste of money.
I just look at it as an additional tax I have to pay every year or so. Otherwise, I would get REALLY pissed that I'm paying them to look up the exact same emissions information that Torque PRO already tells me.
Old 11-20-2015
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Put in my new Js racing blue steering wheel emblem:
Name:  97BD84A2-6736-4DF9-9D77-C9D6D89803D5_zpswf8tel6g.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  340.0 KB
Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MelJ
Brought it to the $5 car wash. Touchless. Epic fail. As expected, the goddamn air dry machine thingy didn't even fully dry the car. There was a ton of water on the sides. I need to set up my undercarriage cleaning device(giggity) at home and give the Vic a nice hand wash and wax. Probably gonna get some new tires for it too. Slow leak is getting much worse.
You have a black car. It will never be clean. Just give up.
Old 11-23-2015
EM2ti

Tires came in. 215 45 17 Falken Azenis FK453s. Got them mounted and balanced on my 17x7.5 Rays Gram Light 57Cs. Picked up a long block for my Stage 2/3 1.8L D16Y8 Intake Manifold / Forged Internals / 12.5:1 Compression Project.

Old 11-28-2015
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I tightened up my clunking front sway bar, hopefully it's finally adjusted right, it's been making noise since I installed ES LCA bushings, new ball joints and sway bar links a month or so ago. I was starting to think I botched the ball joint job cause I couldn't get the noise to go away. Today I finally had the chance to disconnect the front links and take it for a ride, no clunks so I put it back together completely on the ground and it seems good now.

Attempted to install my rear trailing arm ES bushings. Ended up calling Honda to order new rear toe adjustment bolts as mine are completely seized to the bushing sleeves. No amount of heat, torquing with a breaker bar or pounding with the sledge would free the two from each other.

Will regroup Wednesday with new bolts and cutting wheel in hand. New tires should arrive Tuesday as well!
Old 11-29-2015
EM2ti

Did a Valve Lash Adjustment and got rid of a pesky misfire CEL. Ordered a new K Tuned Race Spec Shifter. Hopefully, it'll be in next week.

Old 11-29-2015
Registered!!

drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by maxtierney

did you order this from Skynet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?