General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Everyone says it's impossible to gind the studs down and pull them in on an em2, so I was going to pull the hub and do it properly, I know you've said a couple times that you pulled them in though. Did you pull them in on 5 lug hubs or stock 4 lugs?
Old 07-01-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

picked up my old head from the machine shop. Dude milled the bottom of the head .004" and gave it a quick dunk in the hot tank to kinda clean it. Gonna order stuff to start rebuilding this head, getting it ready to go in once I have everything.
Old 07-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Everyone says it's impossible to gind the studs down and pull them in on an em2, so I was going to pull the hub and do it properly, I know you've said a couple times that you pulled them in though. Did you pull them in on 5 lug hubs or stock 4 lugs?
I had a broken stud on my stock 4 lug. I went the "long route" and pulled the hub off. It doesn't take too long but I did use the axle puller and slide hammer to remove my hub. All went well... kinda ridiculous because I spent all that time replacing a part that was less than $1.50! very irritating.

BTW... today I tried to treat my car to a new sash trim but @ $45 from the dealer I had to pass
Old 07-01-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I went to fill my car up with gas. I got almost damn near 400 miles out of a single tank. The fuel light wasn't even on. I didn't fill the car up all the way with gas, but I got an insane amount of driving out of that tank. My friend put some gas in from VT. Maybe he got pure gasoline or something.
Also:

I'm very well aware my car is hella dusty. I clean it almost every other day. Pain in the *** that this is after like a day.
Old 07-01-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

If I cleaned mine every morning, by the end of the day it would be dusty with this drought going on in the south.
Old 07-01-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I may have mispoken. I've pulled in the studs on the rear hubs, but I forgot that I have 4 lug EP3 hubs, not the drums.

The fronts, I removed the hubs. I could have sworn, however, that a few people have done it on this site (back in the 7th Gen days), because that's where I first heard of grinding down one side to slip 'em in. I've never tried it because I thought it was a half-a** way to do things. Even though I was tempted to, when the slide hammer/hub puller method didn't work. Had to remove the spindles and push the hubs out on a press.
Old 07-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maxtierney
shipped from Reno, NV.
ship them to Gearbox's house and have him drive to your home carrying the tires for you
Old 07-01-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Haha! If he'd do it for a case of Newcastle.
Old 07-01-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove my Civic to get some beer and some Diet Coke to mix at the convenience store down the road with the woman.

Just to let you know the people that are 21yrs+

Margaritaville(jimmy buffet) Last Mango
+ 3-4 ice cubes
+ Diet coke
= AWESOME.

It don't matter what glass you have. As long as you got 1/2 Last Mango and 1/2 Diet Coke + on the rocks.......= awesome mixed drink..you can't even tell its tequila!
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Escaflownee is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, ok.

Today I Vacuumed out my '98 and that was about all.

Tomorrow it's the interior wipe down and glass cleaning. I'm going to try the so called "Anti Fog" stuff made by "Rainex" to see how it works and I will give you an honest "What The Funk - I paid for this BEEP and this is what happens" review.

Also met up with an old friend and we toured the 1.6l-5-s up to The Market with my dog Trooper, a Bosapso (Boston Terrior/Lasalapso Mix) of about seven months for a walk about and there were agreat many things for him to sniff and being a guy there were many things for ME to sniff at, I mean, COME ON. It's the Market, July ONE - Canada Day - and everything that can bend a mans neck is out looking Absolute, how can you not "just smile and wave"?! Also a good song by the way.
Old 07-02-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

^^^ what a strange post.
Old 07-02-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Agreed

Btw, the RainX anti fog sucks ***.
Caused more glare than doing any good
Old 07-02-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Escaflownee
COME ON. It's the Market, July ONE - Canada Day

Ah yes, the market on Canada day. Downtown Ottawa is nuts :P Where abouts in Ottawa are you from? I'm all the way out in Kanata.
Old 07-02-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I drove my Civic to get some beer and some Diet Coke to mix at the convenience store down the road with the woman.

Just to let you know the people that are 21yrs+

Margaritaville(jimmy buffet) Last Mango
+ 3-4 ice cubes
+ Diet coke
= AWESOME.

It don't matter what glass you have. As long as you got 1/2 Last Mango and 1/2 Diet Coke + on the rocks.......= awesome mixed drink..you can't even tell its tequila!
or 19, for us Canadians :P

Today, well yesterday, I did a Headlight MAKEOVER, check my build thread!!! in my sig
Old 07-02-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, ok.

Tomorrow it's the interior wipe down and glass cleaning. I'm going to try the so called "Anti Fog" stuff made by "Rainex" to see how it works and I will give you an honest "What The Funk - I paid for this BEEP and this is what happens" review.

Also met up with an old friend and we toured the 1.6l-5-s up to The Market with my dog Trooper, a Bosapso (Boston Terrior/Lasalapso Mix) of about seven months for a walk about and there were agreat many things for him to sniff and being a guy there were many things for ME to sniff at, I mean, COME ON. It's the Market, July ONE - Canada Day - and everything that can bend a mans neck is out looking Absolute, how can you not "just smile and wave"?! Also a good song by the way.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw[/YOUTUBE]
Old 07-02-2011
02 coupe DX

Ok, ok.

you ok?
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Lopes101
you ok?
Can i second that? Someone's been drinking i guess? lol Happy belated birthday canada
Old 07-03-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lopes101
or 19, for us Canadians :P

Today, well yesterday, I did a Headlight MAKEOVER, check my build thread!!! in my sig
Haha it's 18+ in Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba
Old 07-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

phew! hands are tired...
claybar yesterday, clean and wax. Then me buddy called me to go look at the chump cars in nashville superspeed way. there was a guy that welded jackstands in a sentra's trunk and put the stock wing in the top to have an adjustable wing height (cannot believe i did not snap a shot...) - weird way to have more downforce - not aerodinamically, but by sheer weight! .
My buddy have a RX-8, we went with the civic since he never was in it. He commented the civic was pulling close levels of grip in cornering with the stock 185/65R15 tires Weird...
Old 07-03-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
phew! hands are tired...
claybar yesterday, clean and wax. Then me buddy called me to go look at the chump cars in nashville superspeed way. there was a guy that welded jackstands in a sentra's trunk and put the stock wing in the top to have an adjustable wing height (cannot believe i did not snap a shot...) - weird way to have more downforce - not aerodinamically, but by sheer weight! .
My buddy have a RX-8, we went with the civic since he never was in it. He commented the civic was pulling close levels of grip in cornering with the stock 185/65R15 tires Weird...
Jealous. I haven't washed my car in about 2 months, and it's caked in dust because I park next to a construction site at my girlfriends. I need to sqeeegie my windows at gas stations about every 2-3 days cause of the insane amount of dust/dirt.
Old 07-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

you won't feel jealous when you do it, actually... can't lift hands too well after 2 cars...
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

I got my Civic today. 2003 LX sedan with only 38k miles. Pretty much is like brand new. Spotless inside and out.
Old 07-03-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

holy ****. an 03 with only 38,000 on the odometer..? How much you pay for it?
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

$8700 out the door. Almost 3 months of searching, and this finally came up.
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

SilkyCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSilkyCivic has a spectacular aura about

I sold mine. You all will be missed. Going to buy a 2010 Mustang GT. I can't pass up the deal. Fully modded for only 22k, blue books at 29,775 stock.
Old 07-03-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Haha it's 18+ in Quebec, Alberta, and Manitoba
I actually did not know it was 18+ in Alb, and Man. That's legit. We used to go over to Quebec and buy our beer in high school. Awesome trips, and great prices.

Originally Posted by SilkyCivic
I sold mine. You all will be missed. Going to buy a 2010 Mustang GT. I can't pass up the deal. Fully modded for only 22k, blue books at 29,775 stock.

well I guess the new mustangs have pretty awesome rear turn signals :P Thought it was aftermarket until i saw it on about 10 of them. Have fun with your stang!
Old 07-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Post pics of the new whip silkycivic!

I finally got my knuckle free by lowering the ball joint slowly onto a jack stand and it popped right out, I spent hours and hours trying safer more conventional techniques to no avail. I'll have a shop press the hub apart and put in new wheel studs tomorrow.

For the record, if you have access to a big vice then you could probably seperate the hub yourself with an axle nut socket and pull your wheel studs in to save a trip to the shop.
Old 07-03-2011
Kustom Painter

Mr.Entabulator is an unknown quantity at this point

I washed her for the second time after new paint job

Click image for larger version

Name:	264670_10150299440314365_581359364_9200159_488046_n.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	81193
Old 07-04-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

I restored the headlights with the turtle wax kit and some plastx....looks pretty much brand new for only 12 dollars
Old 07-04-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by Artificial
I got my Civic today. 2003 LX sedan with only 38k miles. Pretty much is like brand new. Spotless inside and out.
38k... nice. Hope the odo wasn't rolled back tho... but very nice

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?